Thread: club insurance

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default club insurance

hi all.........

i remember reading a "SAFTAA thread" where there were queries re insurance.

well, with us, all members are required to join SAGA, and any of our organised/recognised shoots are covered.

don't know the exact policy/requirements.......perhaps it's something SAFTAA/other clubs can look into.........

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hiya

Agree with Urabus on this. 3'rd party cover for shooting days would be money well spent. Accidents do happen.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I suggested that a while ago, but was asked if R1million cover was enough :-)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well if someone shot my eye 'accidently' then 1 million would maybe cover the medical bills, but what's left over for the law suit? B)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

True

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If it happend to me, and I prey God it doesn't, I hope it is the left one, so I can buy some more rifles and still be able to shoot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We could take out insurance on a personal capacity or have the clubs that we join take out a large insurance policy to cover all of its members thus reducing the annual insurance costs per person and upping the coverage.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Baby steps.
    Don't expect too much from SAFTAA and the clubs in the beginning !
    Once all the smaller things are sorted out Insurance will also be investigated.
    For now ... wear shooting glasses and sign indemnity forms.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

SAGA will have a stand at the AIM show.......go check them out/ask questions...etc insurance aside.....gun owners should really join........currently only 8000 members in ZA that's like 0.004% of the total. we really need to push the numbers up........so that our voices can be heard.