Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Red Fire Pellets

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Predators were not consistently accurate beyond 30m in my gun. Hence almost useless for responsible pc work.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Gamo Rocket is in the same category and also a pile of (insert own preference here), plus the little steel ball tends to separate from the lead upon impact and can ricochet dangerously off a steel target

Sharp Shooter
    ARF Member Of The Year 2011

User Info Menu

I've tried the Polymags in 5.5. Was quite surprised at the accuracy for such a funny looking pellet. 5shot group at 25m:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DvdM View Post
    I've tried the Polymags in 5.5. Was quite surprised at the accuracy for such a funny looking pellet. 5shot group at 25m:

Maybe they like the higher velocity

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DvdM View Post
    These were JSB. They don't make rubbish.

I am really amused at how the marketing ploys for novel (crappy) pellet configurations succeed. It is morally indefensible not to part a fool from his money.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    shot only at 10m and was consistent with both. Mind you I am not a competition shooter and only just started shooting a couple of weeks ago. Was though able to get 3 shots into same hole out of 5 with the Gamo reds while the other 2 was within the space of a 5cent coin. With the H&N, got similar results. But i really need to shoot at distance to get a better take of how they perform.

Is there anyone out there that shot at greater distances - can you please tell us how they (Gamo Red Fire and H&N Baracuda Hunter) perform?
    i use h&n baracuda hunter they work very well for pc i can get 10 shots in a fifty cent size target and they are a very hard hitting pellet

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    i use h&n baracuda hunter they work very well for pc i can get 10 shots in a fifty cent size target and they are a very hard hitting pellet
    I second this. Its the most accurate hollowpoint pellet I've ever shot in my life. At 25 meters they are just a little worse than JSB heavies in my Ranchero. I have not tested them at greater distances

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i will play with the gamo red fire and baracuda hunter's this weekend @ 25-30m and report back.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

And? Did you play
    I heard Gamo might be involved in a legal battle with JSB. Seemingly their red fire pellets is a copy of the Jsb predators.

REP: Xhariep Jagters Colesberg

User Info Menu

I tried the Gamo's yesterday in my QB running on hpa, no good at all. Tested them at 15 and 25 meters, 750-700fps.
    Waste of money but still nice to try something new.
    Ettienne, on the Crosman site everyone is singing the same tune on the lawsuit against Gamo.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    And? Did you play
    I heard Gamo might be involved in a legal battle with JSB. Seemingly their red fire pellets is a copy of the Jsb predators.

Interesting.........let us know if you have more...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I see skenco also makes a similar if not exact same pellet
    http://www.photosbykev.com/wordpress...redator-0-177

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wildeboer View Post
    I tried the Gamo's yesterday in my QB running on hpa, no good at all. Tested them at 15 and 25 meters, 750-700fps.
    Waste of money but still nice to try something new.
    Ettienne, on the Crosman site everyone is singing the same tune on the lawsuit against Gamo.
    Think they must be pushed at 800fps+

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would love to try this pellet after the marketers have removed the red piece of plastic, and see how it performs.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I tried the JSB's in 5.5mm 16 Grain

for accuracy they just cannot compete with the Diablo pellets !

At 900 odd fps where these pellets should be used for their intended purpose and to expand to their fullest, they show the least amount of accuracy out of my gun
    i must however add, that they would be accurate enough out to 40 odd meters !

At lower velocity, I tried them at 780 fps, their accuracy improved somewhat, far better than when shot at 900 fps, but only to about 30 meters, then things went all over the place

yes they do seem to "smack" quite hard, but forget the hype, when all is said and done, I would rather stick with a quality Diablo style pellet that offers me the most accuracy

It was fun, but I wont buy them again!

Anyone who wants to collect the balance of the tin, is welcome to them !