Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Red Fire Pellets

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gamo Red Fire Pellets

Ok, I know its a gamo product but I cant help myself when I see a pellet which I have not tried. And you have to give it to Gamo they have some nice ideas behind their pellets although they are renowned for not being that accurate. Well I was pleasantly surprised by these pellets accuracy.

They cost me R69 for a tin of 125(I counted 123) and weigh 8.13gr. Thats 55 cents a shot So they better be accurate. I washed them first as their dirty as all other Gamo pellets and then proceeded with my test. Because of the price I decided I will shoot 1 x 5 shot group and decide if their worth it for their intended purpose. I set a standard when it comes to a pellet being used for other than paper punching and that is that it must group inside a 25 mm circle at 25-30m.

Well I proceeded and decided that Ill try them in my Hatsan 70 with 4x32 Nikko Mountmaster. Set up target at 25m and started shooting 5 shots straight out of the tin. Much to my delight I shot this 16mm group and with the Hatsan nogal!

I also proceeded to do some further tests. I took a shot into a 2l coke bottle filled with water at 25m but it failed to penetrate completely where a jsb exact at the same distance would. I also proceeded to shoot it into a phone book and my putty backstop. 3rd pic is of one that was shot into a candle. It increased in diameter from 4.5 to 6.5mm.

Verdict:
    Well the pellets have proven to be accurate enough. And whether you shoot .177 or 5.5mm we know its all about shot placement in the end. So whether this pellets expands better on impact than others you still have to hit the right spot. You decide if its worth it.

Last edited by vasily; 13-05-11 at 09:43. Reason: Pics added

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

try get the jsb predator basically the same pellet but made by jsb and they almost as accurate as jsb exact iv only shot a few of them but heard they amazing for pc

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

That looks like a 6 shot group.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Its 5 shots
    Last edited by vasily; 11-10-11 at 13:13.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gamo Accuracy

[QUOTE=vasily;292026]Ok, I know its a gamo product but I cant help myself when I see a pellet which I have not tried. And you have to give it to Gamo they have some nice ideas behind their pellets although they are renowned for not being accurate.

Gamo Accuracy: I shot EAI`s with Gamo`s TS-10`s .177cal 10.49g at 107yards with a stock standard GAMO CFX and Nikko Stirling 3-9x40 Silver Crown, Maybe its the hand that holds the gun and finger that pulls the trigger.

my 2c worth
    Last edited by Vee; 27-04-11 at 23:56. Reason: scope added.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Bought a tin today for R52.99 and shot a few. Made a big entry hole but did not penetrate as far as H&N Baracuda hollow points (also bought today for R52.99 for 200). More energy therefore released. Have a look at the YouTube test into clay - shows that they do the most damage.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Which of the two do you get the best accuracy from?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Vee;
    Gamo Accuracy: I shot EAI`s with Gamo`s TS-10`s .177cal 10.49g at 107yards with a stock standard GAMO CFX and Nikko Stirling 3-9x40 Silver Crown, Maybe its the hand that holds the gun and finger that pulls the trigger.

my 2c worth[/QUOTE]

Maybe 107 feet ja Unethical taking such long shots and with a .177 springer of all guns. Ive tried the ts10's in all my guns but fail to get a group even at 25m. You try hitting an A4 page consistently @ 100m with that combo never mind an eai. But hey maybe you'll tell us you can catch those Ts10's with your teeth

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne1 View Post
    Which of the two do you get the best accuracy from?
    shot only at 10m and was consistent with both. Mind you I am not a competition shooter and only just started shooting a couple of weeks ago. Was though able to get 3 shots into same hole out of 5 with the Gamo reds while the other 2 was within the space of a 5cent coin. With the H&N, got similar results. But i really need to shoot at distance to get a better take of how they perform.

Is there anyone out there that shot at greater distances - can you please tell us how they (Gamo Red Fire and H&N Baracuda Hunter) perform?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If my gun did not start to leak I would have done a test on the Baracudas allready. I don't have the Red Fire's, but I doubt they will be better than JSB's own Predator red tipped pellet.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have any of you guys tried out the Skenco Magnums? Steel tipped..... Not sure how they perform with regard to accuracy though...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default agrees

Quote Originally Posted by vasily View Post
    Maybe 107 feet ja Unethical taking such long shots and with a .177 springer of all guns. Ive tried the ts10's in all my guns but fail to get a group even at 25m. You try hitting an A4 page consistently @ 100m with that combo never mind an eai. But hey maybe you'll tell us you can catch those Ts10's with your teeth
    unethical yes. was inexperienced youth.
    wasnt grouping, didnt know anything bout grouping.
    107 yards with Nikko Stirling rangefinder, 10.49g of ts 10`s.

that was back then. with Section 8, learnt to shoot with cfx from him. we werent grouping or competing we were taking out EAI`s.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I like to try out every pellet there are. But these steel tipped, plastic covered pellets is the last pellets on earth I would buy. My reasons? I don't think they will be nearly as accurate as the top ten pellets. And mostly because they are steel tipped, they will just zip through without leaving energy behind.
    I know most members shoot the 8.44 JSB/AA pellets. My most accurate pellet is the JSB Heavy. I think the 8.44 is more popular since its trajectory is better for FT use.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes.
    They state that they are the most accurate "hunting" pellets but they are not as "accurate" as the red fire pellets, out off my gun anyway.

Rest in Peace Eirin

User Info Menu

I have the Predator Polymags as well as the Gamo Red Fire's.
    I will post some pics with the two brands side by side and you can see the suttle differences.

The original Predator Polymags are exceptional in accuracy, consistency and ultimately knock down effect.

I see the first comment included the statement that they didn't penetrate as far a pellet compared to......... well that's the point isn't it when shooting to kill . To transfer more energy in less time which results in a bigger punch more Foot Pounds in the hit, bigger wound channels and a faster kill.

The Gamo Red Fire pellet is a dead copy of the Polymag and thus performs similarly or if not identically to the original. However it is at the mercy of the Gamo pellet factory's manufacturing standards and quality control.

The far cheaper price tag compared to the polymag however does make one turn a blind eye to such indiscretions