Thread: May the Domination be with you

Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Default May the Domination be with you

The new regulators got in today. So I took the Dommie over to Hennie to have the new regulator fitted. Now this is what I call service! At the price of a Dommie you expect everything to be perfect - but all was not - a few of the Dommies were a bit temperature sensitive to put it mildly. The solution:
    1. Complain to all and sundry how crap a Dommie is? – No
    2. Complain to all and sundry how bad the dealer is for selling you the Dommie? – No
    3. Replace the regulators on all Dommies free of charge? – Yes
    So in went the new regulator and we set the Dommie to 790 f/s after that we left it in the sun for half an hour, the temperature of the reservoir went from 21 degrees to 32. It returned 789, 793, 794, 794, 793. Thanks Hennie, this is what I call service. When something went wrong we didn’t get excuses or promises we got a solution.

As an aside I also got an explanation for this weekend’s less than flattering result today. Stupidity! After about three lanes Jason asked me; “Are you sure you’re not a turret out?” Arrogantly I told him I wouldn’t be that stupid something was wrong with the Dommie. I was right the ‘dommie’ (stupid in Afrikaans for our English friends) behind the trigger had turned the turret a whole bloody revolution. Just goes to show it is always the dommie’s fault – mostly if not always the Afrikaans one’s. Sorry Jason I should have listened. Maybe, just maybe next time I will.

THE DOMINATION WILL BE WITH YOU

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree 100%. Thanks Hennie, THE DOMMIES are back, BEWARE.

I believe Pietskiet must share his price with Mihki. 1/2 a bog roll and 1/2 a packet of Marksman. Will you part with half your price Pietskiet? :jester

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Maybe the Marksman's, But not the bog roll, I'm going to need it to dry some of my fello crap talkers on this forums tears, nex time we meet.

"secret is" I've turned my turret past no mans land on purpose, otherwise AGF would have Dominated the event...he...he...he

Domination's Avatar Domination

hi All

hennie thanks a lot for all your help.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1155016129=Francois]
    I believe Pietskiet must share his price with Mihki. 1/2 a bog roll and 1/2 a packet of Marksman. Will you part with half your price Pietskiet? :jester
    [/quote1155016129]

Those 1st class pellets would only improve their scores :jester

Considering 3 of the Dommies had bad luck this weekend, all I can say is buy an Air Arms :jester To be honest that is why I am so scared of dialing.There were 2 Dommies that posted bad scores because of it.I have not heard why Errol did so badly but I would not be blown out the water if it was a dialing fault.

Good luck with your new regulators guys ! :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

All Dommie shooters,
    I'm happy to hear that all your rifles are now up to the EV stadard. :rotflmao

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

so, suppose i want to buy a dominator to shoot FT again. will i get one with the new reg or will i get a temp sensitive reg, and will have to get a replacement one straight away?

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Gerrie, I notice its not quite up to the standard of the S400 yet, but getting there.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No Piet that will take a very long time to achieve.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No Piet that will take a very long time to achieve.