Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North West Club

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default North West Club

Marguitte and I were out with Erica and Dave to their club yesterday helping to move the course. A complete course has been set a bit lower down on the koppie. All, no most of the shots( bar about six or so), will be up or down at angles extraordinaire. Leeuwkop's angle shots are a picnic compared to these. I suggest all of us get the latest rangefinder from Leupold to do the measurements and go to a gym to get some exercise for the legs. It is going to be great fun shooting that course and I would like to wish them luck.
    Thank you also for your hospitality, Erica and David, we enjoyed it tremendously. :claphead :claphead

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Rampaging Cows still included I take it?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Oh well , we wil all suffer together.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

GerrieF, wasn't it you who commented about how tough they make the courses?

Donít do onto others; what you donít like being done onto yourself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swannie,
    I only shot the course to see that the targets work, they built it and I'm told this is the easy course; they have ideas for leagues and provincials. I had to shoot it to see if, not when hit in the body, if the target goes down or not; They were well tested for that because I couldnít hit the damn kill zones, so I donít know if it goes down when hit in the KZ, what I do know is that none of them goes down when it in the body multiple times.
    Buy the way whose bloody side are you on? I was told you are an agreeable old toppie.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1155482332=gerrief]
    Swannie,
    I couldnít hit the damn kill zones, so I donít know if it goes down when hit in the KZ,
    [/quote1155482332]

GerrieF are we to believe you ? :screwy I dont think so :jester

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Gerrief, the way Marguitte shoots, I,m sure Dave has spotwelded a few just to make sure you dont get to complasant, nex time we shoot there.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Piet,
    No, she knocket them over nice and easy but I suffered from shortage of breath with my stomach growing away from my spine. It is a question of shoot or suffocate.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Piet,
    No, she knocket them over nice and easy but I suffered from shortage of breath with my stomach growing away from my spine. It is a question of shoot or suffocate.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Brian,
    Hi there. I missed your comments for some or other sinister reason. No, no cows this time but baboons a plenty. The course is not that high up on the mountain any more. They cut a road (mountain pass) just this side of the canal and above the two Bass dams on your right hand side, as you drive towards the old spot and we will be shooting left and right from the road which equates to up and down at a (in)decent gradient. You only have to go down the hill into a flat piece of grass, if you donít break your neck going down, that is, to shoot maybe four or six shots back towards the kopje, on a slight up hill gradient. It is a testing but not extremely difficult course and we enjoyed shooting it.

Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

In case anyone was wondering: Noordwes did not pay Gerrief to say everything he said here... :thumbsup

But he is right, it is not very easy, but at least you won't have to climb the hill anymore and there won't be any cows on the course.

Gerrie, thanks for a lekka day!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Me, being as honest as what I am, must say that it is not strictly true about not having been paid. No cash changed hands but I was plied with beer and boeries to say what I said.
    I would not have changed my story and would have said exactly what I did even if I was not "bribed" with food and drinks to say it. Funny what you would do for survival. :rocker

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I thought they could do better than a Beer and Boerrie !GerrieF you were suckered :jester

Setting up a range is no fun.Then you still get people complaining about your efforts.I respect the fact that GerrieF helped and hope he got more than 1 beer !lol

Thanks for the effort guys!I am sure we will all enjoy suffering together :thumbsup

P.S. GerrieF You can now post the hot tips of the range for all of us that need them.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan,
    For a beer or two and a boerie I'll think about it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan,
    For a beer or two and a boerie I'll think about it.