Thread: night vision + laser

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default night vision + laser

Has anyone tried a night vision monocular with a lazer sight.

I was given a NV monocular as a tip. And its such a pitty you cant aim through it, the target will be in focus but the sights on my gamo compact are not. What i thought of doing is putting a lazer sight on the compact so that it projects the red dot onto the target, then maybe i could look the the NV and just put the dot on the target. Do you guys think that this will work? I cant afford a NV scope.

This pistol is used to shoot rats in a stable yard. and before anyone(guido) shouts me down saying that it is unethical to shoot rats with a compact, i have tried it and it works like a bomb. I average 10-15 rats every night. The pistol is much faster into action and all shots are at close range (under 10m)

Let me know what you think about the NV / lazer combo.

Cheers
    Dylan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i used to take out rats with hw40 + touch..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Done that as well (I actually got inspired by Boondock's set up, before that I hated lasers), but with IR filter on a lamp with a dim laser. I basically shoped around the photo shops (I was a photographer on campus) for a IR filter and cut it to fit the Stream light torch (mount with 1 inch ring) and glued some dark filter over the laser (it must be glued securely in place or it will deflect the light slightly off course if moved, much like the cheap clear scope lens cover).

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So what you're saying is that i must dim the lazer so that the bright red dot wont wash out the picture through the night vision monocular?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i have tested green laser with yukon night vision monocular, the green laser became to so damn bright when see thru the nv, bocoz green laser already got concentrated high intensity and can form up a visible beam.. what make the matter worse is the nv worked as a amplifier which make the laser even much brighter.. that can blind urself or damange the nv tube.

rather use them separate than a combo.