Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field Target in SA

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Field Target in SA

The FT (Field Target) scene is growing very rapidly in SA (to answer Rod) and the guys are having great fun. If you require more info on the sport feel free to mail me. We need more SA people to join the fun and teach the thousands of kids out there with B1's to become responsible.

Lewis

SerpentWolf's Avatar SerpentWolf

I was hoping to do FT actually when i bought my latest gun. Problem is, (and i hope the site helps) that i cannot find any clubs/people in cape town area. And on top of that, im in the SomersetWest/Gordons Bay area....

YES WE NEED MORE SA PEOPLE!@@!@!@!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Agreed, more people is needed !
    If there are no clubs in your area then look at starting your own club. Go to Gunshops and tell them about your idea, leave your name and number and all new airgun owners will contact you, when you have about 10 guys then you can start a club. For advice you can contact me (neilg@dex.co.za), I will help where I can.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Jun 08 2004, 07:44AM ]</span>

Rest in Peace Barry 08/2012

User Info Menu

A new sport in the UK is HFT (Hunter Field Target) here is a link to some pics of the last competition.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...616&uid=530766

Regards
    Barry

mmm quite interesting.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! we need clubs here. MORE!!
    theres so much gunners, and no clubs, how the hell is that possible.....

ice's Avatar ice

Hi SerpentWolf, i'm interested in FT (Hunter) clubs/competitions. I'm in Bellville and regulary go on informal shooting sessions (plinking/ hunting)with two other airgunners. They are very much interested. There is also some guys shooting fancy airguns at the Durbanville pistol & rifle club, so i'll be joining them soon. Will keep you posted

Aim small, miss small

wonderfull.!! do keep me posted buddy

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

and me too....I am in Cape Town Hout Bay and have quite a few FT and 10M air rifles...definitely interested in FT guido at gdg@iafrica.com

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guido- get them together and start a club now!!!!
    Would love to go down to Capetown for a shoot.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Pop around to my house in Hout Bay for espresso...we can shoot in my lounge...I have a 20m indoor range..hehehe

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

Regarding FT and Hunter type shoots the SAFTAA have draft rules for both of these disciplines. Check out the rules section on www.aftsa.co.za to see them.

I don't know if there are any particular rules in SA regarding forming clubs, but at the end of the day all you need are a few like minded individuals to get together and find a suitable venue.

As far as the metal knock down typetargets go they can be quite expensive, but you can always buy a few and then make copies of them.

The solution to the requirement for more clubs is in your hands, given the level of interest in air rifles I have experienced during my two visits to SA I think that you have a golden opportunity to further airgun shooting as a sport.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Make that a Top Deck and I will be there in a flash.
    Setteling for a single malt wiskey at the moment.
    CHEERS

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just returned from the Northern Championships with some field targets. We will be starting a FT club as soon as we can find a suitable venue in Cape area.

gert's Avatar gert

Hi Guys! I would like to be a member of an FT(hunting) club in Cape Town, I own a CZ 200S and go on regular plinking session with my friend 'ice' in the field behind our house in Bellville. Let's get together and make it work!

Gerhard

ice's Avatar ice

Gert - Let's start our own club - this way the worst you can do in our "competion" is second place.....!!!

It seems the majority of guys buying airguns use it for one or two plinking sessions and that the end of it, another item to collect dust. To all of you guilty parties out there KERPOWWW, or in my case KERPUFFFF - wake up and start livin' airguns. You don't know what you are missing.

Gert this weekend hunting sounds promising, lots of quarry on a big farm, not been hunted for past 10 years. Pity it's this far from C.T. (160km)

Anyone knows about a shoot near C.T. or are willing to share their shoot with a fellow pellet puffer? - airgun only. Have gun and car, can travel, but not too far...

Cheers.