Thread: Race guns of the world.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Race guns of the world.....

as you might of seen from some of the pics of the worlds there are not many people with out race guns, i think there where only about 5 s400's at the worlds and 3 of those belonged to the SA team.Now of course no one wants there gun to look exactly the same as the next guys so they customise and these are just a few of them...

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010149.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010199.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010200.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010203.jpg[/img]

NOW these are dominatores!!

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010211.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010212.jpg[/img]

this gun was home made by an american...long story...

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010216.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010220.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010265.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010269.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010305.jpg[/img]

Zenith

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010308.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010313.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/p1010314.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0133.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0134.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0135.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0136.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0144.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0147.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0156.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0157.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0174.jpg[/img]

And yet jason can beat all but 2 with this score card and his s400....well done jason!!!

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0180.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0163.jpg[/img]

Deadlinks_imagefiles/photo0190.jpg[/img]

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Lets not forget that there is a lot of skill involved.

I must be honest and say thet some of those guns are rether ugly.

We all know there is nothing wrong with a S400.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

omg.........there's bling (i'm all for it)........then there's some of the rifles above. the mods must really do help as far as shooting is concerned..........it ain't for the looks for sure

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You must'nt forget that there is also a huge mental thing going on too .

if you have one of the trickest guns there , you must be one of the absolute ace shooters , & the poor oke that turns up with his stock standard out of the box shop special , is gonna feel intimidated , & there fore the oke with the trickster is already a few shots up on the poor oke .

Only , in Jason's case it does'nt work , cause Jason is phycologically way above that , he also probably thrives on knowing he can out shoot all the trickster equipment .

Mental games ! Go for it Jason !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It the bull-pub PCP a stock standard item or is it one of those nice special orde things?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

If you are meaning the SportsMatch GC2 'Scimitar', no it is isn't standard, this is one of a limited run of 15 official documented rifles, but I am aware that a further two were made, giving a total of 17. This is a proper SportsMatch factory item rather than an after market conversion.

If you can find one for sale expect to pay between 1000 and 2000 for it.

In respect of the mods and their benefit to shooting it is a yes and no scenario from my experience what seems like a good idea in theory does not always translate to a benefit in practice.

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale, you meant the Bull-pul mod may not work as well or any mod in general?

And with all due respect to UK guns, I just hope the bull-pub PCP's are not as bad as the SA80/L85A1......

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Stopper,

My last sentence refers to modifications generally, some ideas are good and work some are more of a hindrance.

Bullpups are a bit of a mixed bag, if you like the balance and handling then they are cracking rifles.

I have used a Scimitar and have owned a bullpup Daystate 2000 and the handling of them is extremely good. I have also tried a couple of other bullpups that were fairly awful - definitely a try before buy sort of thing.

Regarding the SA80/L85A1 I have managed to put in some range time with these and they were reasonably accurate at 100m. Even shooting full auto keeping my bursts to 3-6 rounds I kept the majority of my shots in around 6 inches at 100m. It would seem that under field conditions they gave problems with reliability - not ideal for something you might need to trust your life too!

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan, did you see the red one??? :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I love the way that Steyr with the wood stock looks,the one the Merlyn type stock by the red van. So Nice!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't forget that James Osborne was running a standard (looking) EV2, Andy Calpin and Ian Taylor both run factory AR5s' .

You have a picture of Tim Williams with his Zenith. The other Zenith shooter who was there, is the designer and builder, Nick Murphy. There are 16 and there will not be any more. Nick is the man behind the T2 Walther.

The American gun is in limited production and is called a USFT, Tim, the manufacturer was at the shoot. They don't work well at 12fpe, as they are designed for America. At 15 to 18 fpe they are cleaning up all the major matches.

The guy with the blinged up Walther is Mick Tromans and he made all the bling bits on both guns featured. I have one of his titanium cylinders and alloy muzzle brakes on mine.

The GC2 belongs to Johnny Johnson, who has had both the rifle and mk4 Leup from new. He shoots in South Wales (the old one, not the new one).

Neil

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale, I was an Air Cadet when I was a kid so I shot the 22LR SA80 (no optical sights) a few times and the old army guys claimed that the "real" were not as reliable as the 22lR Cadet version and the thing jams when dirty and sufers from the "wondering zero" effect as the barrel heats up and went on and on about how much they missed the FN FAL/SLR, they said they rather have a semi-auto (full auto is rather useless with a 308Win) that goes bang everytime you pull the trigger. It that true or just some old guys having grown up with the FN?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Well, the albeit limited experiece I had with the SA80 and LSW (light support weapon) they did go bang every time no stoppages, but this is on a range not under true field conditions.
    Full auto on 7.62 I imagine could be a bit of a handful, but the 5.56 handled it OK provided you kept your burst to sensible lengths.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Spyker , how do you know me.That is the only 1 I took a good hard look at.

Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Thanx for the pix Moose.

Think I'll stop drooling sometime next week !!