Thread: Gamo 400 Barrel seal

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gamo 400 Barrel seal

You guys are great . I posed the question about the zero dropping erratically as did the f/s. I think it was Ice who suggested I look at the barrel seal .

Today in good light I looked & saw a wanked seal !

I messed about with a leatherman & found it came out quite easily . I decide to try & reverse it , put a tiny dab of silicone grease onto it & popped it in .

Spent 10 minutes getting the rifle back to zero , fired about 150 pellets all within 25mm circle at 20metres . I actually dressed the seal face with a smear ( very little ! ) of silicone grease , maybe delay the damage . Meantime I've ordered a few more seals .

If this one went at 5000 pellets , I suppose a change at 4000 would stop the irritation of wondering what on earth has gone wrong , suspecting the scope of taking a dive .

The wealth of knowledge shared here is fantastic . Most gunsmiths are not forthcoming with this sort of info & one would probably pay way more than the actual worth of the repair if one went there for help .

Like one prominent gunshop in Durban , who told me that the reason my airgun would'nt zero was because I could'nt shoot . Gavin & Andre fixed the problem in one second , use a quality pellet ! Sadly for that shop I & all of my mates will never again shop there !

This site & FT are in for a good long fun filled life here in SA . :shoot:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

good to hear gerry.........

hope you will get those 30mm mounts soon.........it's about time we get into some serious shooting.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus , Yeah , I'm sick of plinking with Andre's loan 4 x 30 fixed scope . I rev him every week about the mounts .
    Mind you , its giving me time to run the AA 400 in with the Boxers , about another 100 to go & its a 1000 down . then I'll start looking for a serious zero shooting pellet .

The boxers are surprisingly good , off hand 10 to 15 mm groups at 20m . mostly under that , but there is always the brain fade , you know , watching some thing in the background through the scope while you're doin the trigger .

Got an indian myna on saturday at my mates farm on the stable roof just on 30 large paces away , dead rest accross a handy tractor bonnet . The rest of the flock disappeared instantly . Clever buggers , they get to recognise a dude with a gun & vacate the place . Still , I'll give it another go in a week or two .

See you round , Gerry