Thread: Shooting competition

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Shooting competition

Please excuse me if I am telling you something you already know.

Surfing the web this morning I came across a three day event for field target shooting. As far as I can see it looks like it is only for air rifles and will take place on the 4, 5 and 6 March at Kyalami race track. From what I can see it looks to be part of the ?Landbow? show.

Anyone with more details please let us know as soon as possible.

If you would like to check it out for yourselves the web address is http://www.aimshootershow.com and then go to the ?EVENTS? button on the left.

~

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jaco Human or Wyan will be able to give you more detail about this, it's being organized by PTA FT.
    Sorry but don't have more details about this.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

gee..........again FT is taking a bit of a back seat in these "air rifle events"

only 15 targets............i don't think it's gona be a serious shoot.........but an opportunity for the public to try out air rifles/ft for a fee. then again, i could be wrong.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Last year we shot this inside a building. The targets was set up infront and some behind straw bales. Longest shot was 38m if I renember correctly.
    Won't go to the show for it is the same every year and quite boring by now.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'm hoping to go and have a look-see. Won't bother taking my rifle and kit though.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Changed my mind about going. Must have my Leatherman repaired. This is a free service from them and they don't repait but rather replace all "defective" parts. Well worth the entrance fee.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The air rifle competition are hosted to promote air rfle shooting. We tried to get all the disiplines together. It is the first year that the 10m Olympic event and the bench rest competion forms part of the air rifle shoot. The competition are hosted by Pta Air Rile club and SANSU NG. It is a joint venture to promote air rfle shooting.

All entries will be done at a central registration centre.

Last year we had to move the FT competition indoors due to a lot of rain. We will pitch tents this year to ensure that we can keep the range outside, only the 10m Olympic event will be hosted indoors.

Jaco Human
    jacohu@mweb.co.za

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jaco.
    Please give full details so people can decide if they should enter or not.... e.g.
    Could you use your own rifle for FT.
    Entrance/Range fees (R80-00?)
    Starting times
    Can anybody try his/her hand @ 10meter, what rifle etc.
    Have you got to first join SAARA(?) like at Durban Deep two week ago.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrie,
    what's this about SAARA joining at DD ?
    Was this for the 10m shooting ?
    Just asking cause I was never made aware of this.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Went to the show today. Was my first time at this kind of fare. At R40.00 entrance fee to have a look around I was expecting a little more.

:@

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Niel,
    Sorry man but it looks like I missed your question about SAARA. The guys wanted me to join SAARA before Marguitte could try her hand at 10m sooting. I managed to slip her in with one of the other guys rifles(Diopter sights) after the competion was over.Just as a matter of interest some of the youngsters standing around watched her shoot and made the comment hat if she decided to shoot competition they woulds be in deep trouble. As you know I'm very proud of my daughter.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What was the scores like at the show?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Imagine that ....
    if you want to try our sport first become a registered/payed up member, no comment ...
    no wonder ....
    let me rather keep quiet, I might get myself in trouble ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

don't know the scores...........but i did managed a miserable 8 . must be the wind/altitude/travelling........etc

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Mar 07 2005, 01:01PM ]</span>

Anton's Avatar Anton

The show reminded me a bit of a downsized fleamarket with airguns and blackpowder. Cruised through in 3 hours on Friday - which included 3 beers and some airrifle shooting.
    Urabus, at the show they were offerring a single-shot Hornet at R5,000. Rifle only. Do you reckon it's a good price? Fancy looking little item. How would you rate the Hornet generally?