Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest on ERMELO demo Field Target shoot on 30/09/06

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Default Latest on ERMELO demo Field Target shoot on 30/09/06

I now have all the info for the fun day.

It is called the ERMELO FIESTA and is presented by the Ermelo farmers association.

It will be held on a farm 20km outside Ermelo on the Amsterdam road. Follow indicators.

We are invited to join them for the weekend, and give a demo shoot on Sat afternoon at about 15h00 to promote FT in that part of the Country.
    If you don't want to join in the planned activities for the day, I have arranged for us to do some airgun hunting untill the demo shoot at 15h00.
    We may hunt pigeons, francolin, spirwing goose and gippo's, and an area of the farm will be allocated to us for our use only. So please behave, my "good name" is at stake.

The weekend's activities is as follow:

For those who want to arrive on Friday, there will be campsites at the dam, and pap and sauce will be supplied. Braai packs will be for sale to generate funds.

Cost: A R50.00 entrance fee per vehicle, and R50.00 p/p for camping is payable, and that is for the whole weekend. :blingbling

There will be Horse riding, mountain biking, 4x4 demo track, 4x4 route, motorbike trail, target shooting competition (springers), and radio controlled aircrafts. There will be traditional "Boeresports" as well.

Motorbike trail, R100.00
    4x4, R100.00 and prises will be given by the sponsors. It is family orientated, and not overly difficult, but some sections may be challenging.

If any one want to do horseriding, please book in advance to ensure a horse. (they expect 150 riders) and the cost is R50.00.

For the more adventurest, there is a dog driven bushpig hunt at R350.00 p/gun. (own gun and booking essential) . Only limited entrances. Apparently there are lots of them, and you have a good chance of bagging one. Starting very early on Saturday morning.

There will be a hall with stalls and food stuffs, etc, that will be on sale throughout the day.

The evening will be closed off with a braai and a barn dance, "Boere style" and pap and sauce will be supplied free of charge, and braaipacks will be on sale.

We can fish throughout the night in the dam, and "kuier" all evening.
    Maybe if Gerrief has a few witblitse in, he will confess that he secretly admires and longs for a Walther Dominator. :crazy

On Sunday morning, we can hunt or fish as we please, and then go home to our boring jobs. :thumbsdown

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1158173174=Piet Skiet]
    For the more adventurest, there is a dog driven bushpig hunt at R350.00 p/gun. (own gun and booking essential) .

[/quote1158173174]

Sounds like the guys are going to a whole lot of effort.

Dont want to be an in your face Bunny hugger but poor pig.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i like pork :drool

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Piet,
    Now we talking. I would like like book two horses. One must defenately not have any donkey blood and I don't want to ride or be lead around the barn once or twice. Maybe I can chanllenge some of you to a horse riding competition. You see; I'm a man of many skills.

User Info Menu

Gerrief, with your skills and reputation, I'll make sure it is not a mare, we dont want to be excluded from next years event due to a funny looking, bad tempered, familiar looking and gig mouth foal that arived during the following summer
    He...ha....he....ha

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ek sal jou kry,jou bogger.
    Just think about it like this; I'll sleep warm, have something to ride on and more that enough to smoke. All for only R50-00 / day. Not bad. If the foal is a mare also, you can have it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Stunning Piet
    Your name might be at stake, but SAFTAA will help!!! :1zhelp
    What do you need in the line of equipment (targets, score boards etc)?
    Please contact Wyan (sick leave - knee op) Ian or myself

User Info Menu

Thanks, Z. Between Hennie and myself we will take along about 10 targets. So if we can put out another 10 or so it will be nice. I dont think we need more than 20 for a demo shoot, or what do you think?

Can everybody interested to go allong please let me know!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Count me in guys, for a change I got a free weekend!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Do we have to shoot 12ft/lb in the FT demo? I have some friends who wants to join but they only have hunting rigs. Sure scores wont count .....

User Info Menu

I suppose you can shoot with any air rifle, but the idea is to introduce FT to them. But remember we will hunt aswell, so highpowers is more than welcome. We will just point out the difference to them and tell them that they cannot compete with the highpowers.
    On the demo shoot in Witbank the other day, I took my Highpower Weihraugh allong, and it was a hit amongst the ladays. It shoots so flat that they did not bother to much with ranging, and it only has a 7 power hunting scope on.

User Info Menu

All airrifles welcome, no scoring for the day. We will demo our sport and try to draw more people to join in on the fun.

User Info Menu

Route to ERMELO FIESTA (camping at the dam)
    From Ermelo, take the Carolina rd, and turn right on the R65 Amsterdam rd. Travel for 20km, cross the Vaalriver (still a small river) and turn left at farm EA33 of Japie Cilliers. Follow dirt rd for 3km, take left at fork in road to dam (follow indicators).

About food and drink: There will be foodstufs like bamburgers, sosaties, pancackes etc sold throughout the day. For the evenings, pap and sheba will be supplied free of charge, and braaipacks will be on sale for R20.00 each.

Camping will be next to a big farm dam. There will be hot showers and toilets.
    Lots of carp and barbel in dam for those who want to fish.

For any more detail and information on the weekend's events, contact Japie Cilliers on 082 388 2158

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

Piet and the girls :headshake !heart !ill :drool

User Info Menu

All welcome. I'll keep cavy when the women shower.

It is ment to be a family outing, and for us to get to know each other better, and to enjoy it.