Thread: S400 bolt

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default S400 bolt

Hiya

I need to remove the lever on the rear of the cocking bolt to replace the o-ring - it just split open.

Removed the cap head screw, but it wont come off for love nor money. Tried to add a bit of heat with a hair dryer but still no go.

I've heard that the S200's are difficult, but never seen anyone sukkel like this on the S4x0's.

Dont really wanna resort to using the 30 ton press at work. B)

Sprayed some Q20 on it so long.

Any clues?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

probably easier to remove the whole cocking bolt....look in the parts diagram.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Also tried invain to remove mine. Think it needs some serious heat and the 30 t press.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Avion,

I assume you mean the little o-ring that sits between the bolt handle and the back of the breech block to help lock the bolt in place?

If that is the one you mean, I don't want to sound facetious, by why don't you just stretch the replacement o-ring over the bolt knob and work it down over the handle and onto the bolt shaft until it sits in the right position.

This is the easiest way to replace that o-ring.

Dale
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu Feb 17 2005, 09:45AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey Dale

Yep that's exactly wot i did yesterday. Dropped the o-ring in some just boiled water for a couple of minutes, then stretched it over. No problems. Quick and dirty solution.

Ta muchly for the advice.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Once again , I say what a great bunch of guys are on this site , advice freely given helping all of us . Great !

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yes. We allways want to re-invent the wheel. K.I.S.S and there you go.

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

i stripped my S400 stark, he he, its so beautiful i jus had to, he he. well what im getting to is that it really seemed like the bolt was fixed, dunno why its so tight but im sure it is removable, would be stupid to have to buy the whole thing. cleaned the parts in sergical spirits(damn they were dirty) buffed em smooth n lubed em wid silicon lube from the dive shop, so smooth now n when i cronod it last had a shot veriation of bout 4 ft/sec diff outa lotsa shots!