Thread: Cobra nightvision scope?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Cobra nightvision scope?

Can the pro's tell me if this scope is any good :1zhelp :1zhelp :1zhelp [br][img:width=200&height=139]../../Deadlinks/public/1159528438_328_FT0_0111821_.jpg[/img][br]

This is one of the first products of its kind that's affordable to the public.
    The high technology involved allows you to see in darkness. The detachable infra-red light source will give you the eyes of a cat, even in pitch black!

No more battery needed, the dynamo mechanism never needs replacing!

The Cobra Optics Ghost night scope is an electro-optical device designed to improve vision in low-light/darkness. While improving your ability to see in low-light conditions, image intensifiers alone cannot produce a useable image in total darkness - there is simply no light to amplify!

The Ghost, therefore, includes a detachable IR illuminator which works like a torch using infra red rather than visible white light for short range use.

Includes soft pouch
    Bellow driven piezoelectric ceramic
    IR uses CR1/3N lithium battery

Lens 50mm f1.5
    Magnification 2.4 x
    Angle of View 15
    Range 1.3 - 76 m
    Infra red Detachable
    Weight 420g
    Dimensions 150 x 76 x 50m

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

looks like a vacuum cleaner..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido, that's a anti-matter cannon with lazer rangefinder (not legal for FT), not a vacuum cleaner! When were you born? 1990s?

Does the Cobra come from the same factory as Russian Cobra Red dot and scope factory?

The Russian Cobra red dot sight is quite popular within the practical/tactical rifles cycle. The say the thing is lang robust......

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

what do you drive the dynamo with? Pedals?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido...

But you ARE funny today ...is is because its friday

NO THE OPTICS ARE SOLAR POWERD>>>>>>>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Personally, I perfer horse drawn Dynamo than pedals just to give it class....

But then I am think of putting a few of pedal one up in my house, charge people % for work out and never have to pay for light and water.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok

Seeing as you people are going Off track with this thread AGIAN let me ask this: IF YOU CAN GET ONE OF THESE SCOPES FOR FREEEEEEEEEE WOULD YOU TAKE IT YES OR NO!!!!!!!

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Herman, it would seem there are no pro's on the forum. Oh and Guido is always like that Monday to Sunday!
    You are of cause having us on about a "solar powered Night Vision" scope! But if you are seriouse and they are free I would love to try one on rats at nite with a .20cal Co2 rig. With the stated optics and zoom it would be great for close range night shooting.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ok. first all, it's a monocular. if it come with internal crosshair then it's good to use as nv scope. otherwise u need attach to ur low mag day scope to get POI correct.

and u will need mounting system for ur gun.

my nv rig prototype - yukon nvmt 4x50

Deadlinks_imagefiles/nv.jpg[/img]

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I'm sorry...that looks ridiculous...birds you are hunting will fall over and die laughing...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1159560431=guido]
    I'm sorry...that looks ridiculous...birds you are hunting will fall over and die laughing...
    [/quote1159560431]

.......... hence night vision, so the birds can't see :rofl

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hehe, the yukon nvmt rifle kit model come with a eye piece and a mount, i had looked with the eye piece and found it doesn't really make much difference with or without it.

i don't feel that mount worth extra R1000 either.

well, i know my basic setup is not pretty, but in the total darkness who cares... :smokin

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guys look at the price, normal night vision costs R 3500 and then you get the pare bone versions. And no I would not buy then, rather use a good eluminating rectical with a 1 000 000 candle power Light Force and you will still save R 1000 and kill the same amount of bunnies.