Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reportback on Ermelo Demo shoot

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Default Reportback on Ermelo Demo shoot

Thanks to Deon, Dot, Hennie + Brandon, Gerrief + Margiette, Johan (Goose) Snr + Jnr and his wife and Juandre for supporting the effort on the past weekend to promote FT at the ERMELO FIESTA. :claphead

It was a great success, and very enjoyable. It was great to enjoy the rural hospitality and to join in on the feast, and all the fun and actifities of the day, not to mention the fine food and braaipacks.

A vew exeptional good shots were identified, and they took a keen interest in our sport, and could very possibly be shooting with us soon. (the farm boys can shoot)

To all you out there, who was suspicious about Gerrief's green thing....uh!...Green Mamba, It was re named as a "shartruse Rapala" fishing lure by a very knowlagable spectator on the day to great laughs by us all, and for once Gerrief was found lacking words. :jump3

On that note, thanks to Gerrief for joining us afterwards, althou he did not camp with us, for a very enjoyable braai and a good chat untill I think about 02h00 in the morning, and then driving back all the way. I dont know what he did to Deon after I went to bed, but he did not look the same the next morning.

We camped on the lawn, next to a huge farm dam where Hennie and Brandon did very well with the fishing, and it was nice to watch Brandon hauling the fish in very excitedly.

We enjoyed the Fiesta so much that we did not do much hunting, although the opportunity for it was there.

Next year, we will definitely be back, and we could recomend it highly to all. :thumbsup

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Thats great Piet.Im glad you enjoyed it.

Sir Deon even ofered to be my "room service" to get me there.Alas camping out is not a big calling for me .

I hope there are at least a few pix to share with the rest of us lazy bums who did not attend.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

THANX PIET we had a great time myself and DOT realy had a good lazy weekend the farm was a perfect place for camping the food and brandy was the best thakx a mil PIET we wil do it soon again !amazed !amazed !amazed :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes Piet,
    To make a long story short, Marguitte and I enjoyed it very much. It is just moer far though, especially at 02-00 in the morning. :screwy Plenty thanks to Dot for the braai effort, the meat was done to perfection. :claphead (She must be getting a hell of a lot of practice in braaing meat and exercise as Deon keeps her on the run all the time) Thanks to Piet for keeping both our throats wet with all kinds of liquid, :thumbsup as my cooler box stayed behind in Kempton Park. :cursin It was really a great day. Just a pity I could not show everybody how multi skilled I really am, as Hennie likes to put it, by demonstrating my horsemanship also to compliment my shooting and ability to argue logically, not to mention my good sense of humour and good looks. :smokin Deon decided that both Marguitte and I now also shoot race guns and that he is just about the only one with a stock standard rifle. If all the race gun enthusiasts don’t mind, I would then ask permission for both of us to join your ranks, hence forth, :bowdown until death us do part or I get gatvol of arguing about crap. :thumbsdown

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

shweet no problem gerrief.

User Info Menu

Request DECLINED!, but Marguitte may join. At least she shoots with a rifle that dont resemble a fishing lure.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It also lures the girls!!

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

GERRIE if it works to lure in girls im gonna spray my stock green today and thanx for the chat sat night till 2 i realy had a good time next time bring a tent then we can carry on till the next morning and that green RAPALA of yours is a race gun :naughty :naughty :naughty :jester :jester :jester :jester :jester :jester :mblah :mblah :mblah :mblah

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Well the 'Groen Mamba' looks more like a rifle than some of those collections of reject surgical implants that try to get passed off as FT guns :jester :jester :rotflmao :tonguefawk

User Info Menu

Yes Gerrief, I saw the mares looked at you with droopy eyes, but I've got an idea it is not because of the "rapala", but because of your reputation amongst them.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale,
    My man...I owe you a beer or two.

User Info Menu

Dale, are you refering to those funny looking AA S400, spesially prepared with a "dedicated" FT stock, that you published on the forum lately? at :moon :thumbsdown

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No, no Piet those are "race guns," like yours. What Dale refers to are those things that look like hip or knee replacements that went wrong.

User Info Menu

Oh!, and they turned GREEN with all the cangerine that set in as a result. Now I understand.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No No Piet you keep falling off the wagon. Nobody would try to implant a RIFLE. I mean even a blind man can FEEL that I have a solid RIFLE from one piece of decently worked wood, not from discarded pieces cardboard glued together and then screwed together to resemble my rifle as close as possible. :moon