Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Lynx Reticle coming soon

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Default New Lynx Reticle coming soon

Hi guys

A while back I approached lynx and asked them if they could make a reticle for me,The answer was no, due to the high costs to make the reticle..

When I came back with a 3rd world place, Mike Rogers phoned and said lets make that reticle

For the last couple of weeks ideas have been swapped, and a new FT reticle will be available in some time, don't know when though just letting you all itch a bit

It is more beneficial toward mill dot shooters, but thanks to some of hennies input, aiming off for wind can be more defined.

Its going to be the best FT scope on the market I recon, besides that Shmit and bender

(not sure if someone has already mentioned it on the forum yet, havnt read for a bit, so apologies if that's the case
    Last edited by Spyker; 25-05-08 at 07:35.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Except for their turret indexing system :thumbsdown . I had a 4-16x42 Lynx and my present Lynx on my airgun. The 4-16's indexing system packed up after less than a year and the 10-50's is starting to give similar eratic behaviour and it is not even 6 months old.

If you shoot purely on the mildot you will not pick it up but if you dial the turret for distance zero you will pick it up sooner than later.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have not noticed such problems with my N/S scopes yet, although I am told that they are both the same thing, with badge engineering being the only difference.

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Difference between N/S and lynx:
    turret mechanism, and nitrogen port on the lynx, and back up service....
    And oh yes "the badge"

francios:
    sorry to hear that... thats why i use mill dots. I dont trust scopes and feel you should play a little as possible with things when out on a shoot....

i know if you send that scope back to lynx, they'l sort out for you there and then...

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

nice jason.

throw your weight around for the benefit of FT nice going. it has started a big itch in my ass pocket. i hope that the price will also be better than the bender job.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

Sounds good then I will have to go back to mildots

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1159995386=Lukas]
    Sounds good then I will have to go back to mildots
    [/quote1159995386]
    i thought you were using mildots again ??

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

jason draw us a pic of the reticle

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What is best? Having somebody local fix/ fiddle with your scope or have it replaced it with a new one?(When in stocK, that is) I had two scopes replaced so far. One was upgraded on top of it all, as the broken one was out of production

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

What about including a spirit level at the bottom of the lens while they're about it?

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

Hi Allan whent back to dialing in.

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

gerrie, you just supporting N/S and bringing down lyxn because you own a N/S...
    If you had a lynx, you be all hoo ha about lynx being so good....

why lucas? just a matter of interest?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

big Nikko = big Lynx
    Absolutely NO difference except the badge and the back-up service..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jason,
    Whoa there my boy!!. As usual you wetting your pants for nothing. I did no such thing. I'm asking an honest question. Is it not maybe, that you are singing a long "praise the Lynx" song here because YOU own one and they want to make a new reticle for you which will probably be a copy of the reticles Nick J. helped develop for Hawke specially for FT use. I have one, the only one in SA, I might add. So now I'm singing Hawke's and Nick’s praise. Come right man, don't always think everybody is attacking you personally or everybody is jealous of you, some of us just aren’t. You might not believe it, but really, it is true. :rocker

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

thank goodness its got nothing to do with YOUR ONLY ONE in south africa... thank goodness, otherwise we would never hear the end of your ONLY ONE IS SA that lynx copied?

Difference
    lynx, turret works on different system, has a nitroger port at the bottom....
    ?????

someone cut a scope open for me, you can see the nitrogen port on the lynx!!! with my own eyes... and i trust lynx's word that the turret is diff. otherwise if im wrong, wooppee....

gerrie, think about your other comment? whats better, getting a new scope, or fixing it? is that not supporting N/S in your sneaky ways? you think eveyone is going to get new scopes from N/S and get upgrades? not happening... a few poeple maybe, but not something worth determining whats best?
    Your honest quesiton is a silly one... irrelevant...

you will get responces stiring in my threads.... "my old man"

Bla Bla Bla... as you always go off... :mblah

What the heck has jelousy got to do with anything?
    whats it feel like to talk so much cuck gerrie? must be very difficult to go though a day without thinking the complete opposite of everything???

have some pop corn, i feel sorry for my old friend
    :lurk