Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just some fun

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Just some fun

After reading about all off your long range shooting I wnat ed to see what I can do...the results isnt awesome but the conditions wasnt either. I machine gunned the pellets before the sun set at 85m with wind and a not to steady rest...results is posted below. I cannot wait to go and shoot over that distance again and this time I will do my best to improve my grouping...i am looking at 35-55mm group ctc 10 shot...think it is possible?...my shooting was done at 10 mag and with Bisley Magnums 10,6gr at 18h00.[br][img:width=200&height=267]../../Deadlinks/public/1160724427_355_FT0_dsc00064_.jpg[/img][br]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Was that shot with a springer and if so wich one

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Herman, yes it is with my Diana 54 springer in .177 with Macari Kit at 15fpe. Bullet drop was about 30cm. In the pic below you will see the toilet house in the backround with a white dot right and in the corner of the house, that was the A4 page on my stand, I aimed at a point 3 bricks higher that the page.[br][img:width=200&height=150]../../Deadlinks/public/1160741826_355_FT25302_dsc00059_.jpg[/img][br]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

NOT bad at all :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hay Airking! Not Bad, just over 4inches at 85m with a springer! Don't by a PCP, you will make the rest of us look like Pommies! Ha Ha

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Warrick, I shot another 2 groups on saturday at dawn with perfect weather. Result amazed me! Both groups were much beter,one of the groups was twice as small ( one 12 shot groups and one 10 shot ) with only one flyer! I know this performance was possible for a springer but there is a lot of variables, and one that had the biggest influence was pellets. Now that I have the right pellets this combo is very accurate. I sit in my car with the door open and shoot through the window, my gun rests on a towel. The girlfriend threw the page away before I could take a pic but I will go and experiment more at that range, hopefulle tonight.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Hi Airking, sorry for highjacking your post.

:bowdown That's some impressive shooting!!!!

Well I also wanted to see how my rifle group at longer distances...
    The wind was blowing (left to right), so conditions could have been better, but hey this is Cape Town, might just as well get used to it, the wind is always blowing.

I wanted to do a 10 shot grouping, but mistakenly put 11 pellets in my mouth, so I took the extra shot... what do you do with the extra pellet anyway. I think I can improve a lot on this. I am still using the Gamo Pro Hunters, so new pellets (like JSB) might be an improvement. A bit of practise at this distance might also do the trick. If the grouping still suck, I'll just blame it on the wind. :naughty

Deadlinks_imagefiles/grouping_copy2.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That is great shooting farmer!
    One tip though: Dont put pellets in your mouth when shooting a springer...if you have been drinking "harde hout" it might lead to dieseling........ seriuosly though your spit might lead to rust in your barrel.

It has become one of my favourite things to do and shooting LR is best done at sunrise..very calm air. I had a fluke last saturday morning where I shot a 5 shot group and 4 pellets landed in 11mm ctc with the fith (flyer) opening the group to 40mm. the excitement got the better of me! Last night I shot a 37mm 5 shot group, I have found that 10 shot groups ussually is in the region of 45-80mm. I wish my gun had a lighter trigger which i think will improve groups.
    Maybe we should enter the super shoot?......

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you guys recon the above is is good shooting then I'm going to take my Gammo out of cricket use, put a new spring in it and start shooting it again. Sorry guys, but I can spit 10 times into the black with a smaller grouping.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Maybe we must make a LITTLE comp here...TO SEE WHO can shoot the best with a SPRINGER(ANY KIND) at say 60mtrs and then post the pics here...YES OR NO??????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1162202857=gerrief]
    If you guys recon the above is is good shooting then I'm going to take my Gammo out of cricket use, put a new spring in it and start shooting it again. Sorry guys, but I can spit 10 times into the black with a smaller grouping.
    [/quote1162202857]

What?

Herman, that is a great idea, where and when?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't think it is a question of who shoots better it is just that springers are useless at that distance. Look at that groupings and tell me; if it was live targets you were shooting at; how many misses would you have had or how many wounded animals would have died an agonizing death due to being gut shot or worse, with a broken jaw etc. Not for me thanks. What is there to be proved except to give the “ban hunting”, “ban all shooting” fraternity a change to scream to high heaven again?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think the best way to do this is.....

Eveeyone shoots at there own venue and post the picture(1) of your results under the NEW THREAD i will create and we make it with a week deadline from this saturday(4/11/2006)... so ALL PICS(1) must be on the web by next saturday11/11/2006...and only ONE PIC of your result :awais :awais :awais

WHOs IS IN????????? :love

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Herman, I will do it. And since we are all a honest bunch only groups at that range please (60M). lets make it a 10 shot group, any position shot anytime.Please also supply all info,pellets,gun,scope,and whatever else you want.

Gerrief, generally it is acceptad that springer range for hunting is 35m or less. It is just fun to shoot at extreme springer range..if you look at it through PCP eyes you can say that it is like shootings PCPs at 120 -140m or whatever the absolute max range is. Obviously NO ONE with half a bain will shoot at live quarry at 70+ meters. It is just a fun exercise to test your equipment. Common put a spring back in the Gamo and post your own results.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Herman,
    Are you going to shoot against @high end-non recoil rifles" also, with a normal "bucking bronco" springer?