Thread: Schmidt & Bender PMII Tactical Scope

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Schmidt & Bender PMII Tactical Scope

A test on this beauty was done by Pete Moore in Shooting Sports Magazine July 2006 page 66.

This scope has a very good short range focusing ability from 10 to 100 metres and build quality is superb. This scope is being offered in the 2nd focal plane which effectively means that whatever mag u use the reticle stays the same. The PM11 differs over earlier models in its double turn elevation turret. Click values go to 0.1 Mil Radian, which equals .36" or 9.14mm with the turret being divided into 14X1 Mil Radian sections, which are further sub-divided into 10th ( .36"/ 9.14mm ). It offers 1 6/7th turns which translates into a total value of 93.6" @ 100 yards ( 260 clicks)

34 mm body, Side focus down to 10m, Double turn precision target knobs, Illuminated reticles and STUNNING GLASS QUALITY AND RESOLUTION!!

Asking price 1500 pounds.

WOW !!! I am impressed.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The Schmidt & Bender 5-25X56 PM11/LP

Available in quarter-MOA or metric( 1cm movement @100m ) sight-adjustment versions.

Awesome piece of kit.

Guido what do you think?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

errr...I don't particularly see the point Falcon...the big Nikko and Lynx are perfect for our purposes unless you want to waste a whole bunch of money.

Rather get a nice pair of German binoculars for the money

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I like Zeiss but as guido says I could rather use the money for a down payment on a BMW Z4.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1162326628=guido]

Rather get a nice pair of German binoculars for the money
    [/quote1162326628]

Guido , my new best friend.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1162326918=Enzace]
    I like Zeiss
    [/quote1162326918]

Enzace another new best friend

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

C'mon guys. The point I am trying to make here is. If one looks at the 40m to 45m to 50m range, then this scope is the one for the job. It is not about magnification we are talking about here but the excellent range finding ability in this critical region and this scope does that with consummate ease plus the quality of the optics is unrivalled by any other scope out there. If this scope can rangefind right out to 1000m for the U.S. marines then 10m to 50m to 100m should be a doddle. With a custom side wheel added this scope would be absolutely deadly in the right hands. Imagine if Jason had shot with this scope in Poland, he would have been the world champion by now, no questions asked.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Allan.......Alllan.....Allan, you like German cars, you like German scopes, but you shoot English rifles, when will you learn? Eich! at

Watch the score board, and you'l see what I mean :thumbsup ......he....he....he

Falcon, I wish I could afford one of those. The clarity is unrivaled. The top shot in the hunting rifle competitions in SA uses one. It is absolutely awsome.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

err no Falcon
    That scope cannot rangefind out to 1000m unless it has a built in laser rangefinder.
    It is physically impossible for a scope to use parallax as a means to rangefind much beyond 100m

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok. But it seems to be gaining in popularity on the British Field Target scene.