Thread: T.O.A.C. H.F.T. shoot

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default T.O.A.C. H.F.T. shoot

Greetings gents, we are having our next h.f.t. shoot this coming Sunday 5th November at False Bay Gun Club as usual. Normal range fees of R30 for non members and R20 for for members apply and as always we would be delighted to have your support. The sighting range will be open at 1pm and the shoot will start at 2pm. If you have any questions at all please give me a shout at 084 5550012. See you Sunday!!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the shoot, it was very nice. First shoot That I shot UK HFT style. Well done to Andrew who set up the course.

I was very disapointed to see none of the other TOAC comittee members at the shoot to help, they didn't even pitch to shoot.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

yeah awesome!!!
    Thanks Andrew...and springers rule for UKHFT...

Well done Arnold kicking butt with the diminutive Lightning and Andrew scoring an amazing 41\60 first time round with his TX200

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well done Andrew!!! Thanks for taking care of the shoot - Sure it was a great one.

Arnold, unfortunately the shoot was moved to the past week-end to accommodate the CAR shoot the previous weekend thus leaving some unable to attend due to prior arrangements. Andrew very generously offered to do the shoot by himself so as not to disappoint the members. Once again, well done Andrew! :claphead :claphead :claphead

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

How can you say you moved the shoot to accommodate the CAR shoot? They have their shoots on Saturdays and your shoots are on Sundays.

Like I said I enjoyed the shoot, but think that the TOAC committee should get prioritised (excluding Andrew!!!) and show some commitment. I know I have only been to 2 of your shoots, but on both these occasions I thought it would have been nice if the committee or at least half would have been there before the shooters arrived.

This is my personal opinion! Thanks again to Andrew for showing comitment and setting up the range from 07:30 so that we could start shooting at 14:00 like advertised.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

nah!! who care who arrives and who does'nt...

I had a crapload of fun irrespective!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I also had a lot of fun. Especially shooting UK HFT rules for the first time. It was very challenging not being able to use the sitting position.

My point is just that it is not right/fair to let 1 guy setup and run a shoot. Not that it is impossible, but it is really hard work.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree entirely that one person setting up the course is not right but the choice was to shoot or not to shoot. Hmmm, let me see, difficult decision...

As there are a finite number of shooters in Cape Town & with some people only being able to shoot one day a week-end, it was felt that it would be better that instead of the clubs competing for participants on the same week-end, we would rather move ours knowing full well that we would not have the manpower.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the day & we will hopefully see more people joining us in shooting HFT in the future.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey guy,s, a big thanks to the northern suburbs boys who schlepped all the way to false bay to join us and I totally agree with Guido, it was in deed a crapload of fun!