Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confession and appologie

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Default Confession and appologie

I, Piet Skiet here by appologise to all AA owners if I have offended any one by my remarks about AA's. at

I can catagorically state that they are not bad rifles, but very good ones, and that I actually like them a lot. (I had three of them, and is sad to say that I sold them)
    I only do it to keep the sports in the sport. impgrin

When I introdused myself to the guys in Durbs, one of them asked me if I was the man that profusely dislike AA. I then realised that not everybody knew that we only joke with each other on the forum about what rifle you shoot with.
    I now also realise that a lot of people read this forum that is not well informed, and that they can get the wrong impression (unjustly so) because of my or others comments about certain makes of rifles.

How's that Allan, Deon, Gerrief, Jason and others? :thumbsup

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Piet, we all know its your shooting style that gives you the edge not the rifle. I think you should change your name to Armadillo

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

Piet, so it looks like you are not as bad as people say you are.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

He actually succeeded in fooling the lot of you! He's just getting himself positioned for whatever happens at the shoot on 25 November....

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

Must be the baby powder that’s been softening you up. impgrin

Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

:thumbsup

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

i think that we as south africans have changed the FT sport for ever.

jason taking 3rd at worlds with a STOCK STANDARD AAs400, and Piet with the revized sitting position. (is it a legal position ??????? lol)

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

"(is it a legal position ??????? lol)"

If the rules don't say you can't do it, then it is legal.

User Info Menu

?, read the rules. I only use my body parts, nothing else. It is in fact almost the same style Jason and Moose is using, to name a vew, only with a lower body position.

The range at HAC was set up at so peculiar angles and sitting positions, that I couldn't use my new position on all of them, only at about 60% of the targets. Lucky for me, I can shoot OK from 3 different sitting positions. In the Hunting rifle comps that I shoot, you have to be far more adaptable, so it is in my favour to be able to adapt.

Dont stand in the way of progression or development, try it if your "slap" enough, it might work for you as well. :thinkerg

About the baby powder, I dont realy use it to check the wind (would have used ash like when I hunt), but bluffed you all, because when you got home, your wifes and girlfriends d$#@rd the daylights out of you because you smelled like a women. Next time you want to go and shoot, she will do it again, and that will give me a distinct advantage over all of you that have "toe gebliksemde" eyes. %-6

You see, I'm not just good looking, I'm a stategist as well.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1162898546=Dale]
    "(is it a legal position ??????? lol)"

If the rules don't say you can't do it, then it is legal.
    [/quote1162898546]

There is no rule stopping me from rangeing with a tape measure.I think I will try it !amazed

To Piet,Moenie worry nie.All we have to do now is get Gerrief to admit there are other good guns (other than AA) :rofl

User Info Menu

He has, but in a private conversation with me after he checked me if I wasn't wired.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

ha ha gooooooood luck

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Come, come guys!!! You both know that I am on record when I said a million times before that all PCP rifles are good, accurate, good looking etc. but none are BETTER than Air Arms. To crown that, Air Arms ALSO provides back up service for their products, second to none, mostly for free of charge, to top it off. No need to export your rifle every time you need an "O" ring, or have to be told by some knuckle head importer, that took your money with a smile, to wait three weeks for a part that is unnecessary for the problem at hand, in any case. That says a lot in my book. If I was wrong why is it that the AA product is the best seller in the world every year, for how many years now?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

"There is no rule stopping me from rangeing with a tape measure.I think I will try it "

I thought the rules covered no separate range finding devices? :-)