Thread: QB79 Pimp

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default QB79 Pimp

So I'm planning to pimp up my 79 over the course of the next few months. So far its a super tuned standard rifle with a few minor mods such as removing the barrel band, stronger spring and drilled the breach a bit to allow for higher flow. Mounted with a Bushnell 8-32x50 mill dot illuminated reticle scope.

What I have in mind is a .22 barrel, new stock, and going over to HPA at 1500psi which should give me around 30ft/p

So input I require is: Where to buy decent .22 barrel and where can I get in machined?
    What ideas can you give me for the stock? and any other suggestions are welcome

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

What other mods have you done so far? Speak to airvolution with regards to barrel. Also he makes nice stocks for the qb's.
    Last edited by GrimReaper; 25-08-11 at 08:13.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Have a look at my albums for stock mods I did on my chinaman. Maybe you see something you can copy?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by triger happy View Post
    So I'm planning to pimp up my 79 over the course of the next few months. So far its a super tuned standard rifle with a few minor mods such as removing the barrel band, stronger spring and drilled the breach a bit to allow for higher flow. Mounted with a Bushnell 8-32x50 mill dot illuminated reticle scope.

What I have in mind is a .22 barrel, new stock, and going over to HPA at 1500psi which should give me around 30ft/p

So input I require is: Where to buy decent .22 barrel and where can I get in machined?
    What ideas can you give me for the stock? and any other suggestions are welcome
    Not to dampen your enthusiasm but I would rather go for a .20 barrel as in 5.5mm your speed may be very very slow. You still have the option to use heavy pellets in .20 as they are available, but there are good pellets available in lighter weights.
    But in the end its your money, just wanted to give my 2C

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Is it currently still running on co2? What speeds does it chrony with the mods done? How exactly did you do the barrel band? Just removed it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

@grim Thanx will do

Ettienenne I will keep that in consideration. Maybe first up the pressure and see what I can do with the .177 barrel and then decide on the barrel.

At the moment I shoot around 750fps using Gamo TS-10 pallets giving me about 13ft/p

On the barrel band just remove the band. The gun has more than enough screws and other means of supporting the action which in turn holds the barrel. It really increases accuracy more than you would imagine.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The standard qb has one grubscrew holding the barrel in place. then there is also the 3 o-rings on the barrel. What do you mean there is enough screws holding it in place? Also, you say removing the barrelband (between dogleg and barrel) improves accuracy????

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Will you please pm the list of all the mods that you have done to the gun? That will be very much appreciated, as I am busy trying to improve mine.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I said that the action is well secured to the bottom part of the gun. The barrel has itself is more than secure enough with only the one grub screw as I doubt you will be pulling on it. It floats the barrel so it improves accuracy same as when the tank is touching the barrel or not touching the barrel.

Will do bennotaute

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks for the clarification Trigger

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No prob

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

oh and love what you have done to the stock.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks. In the process of planning, designing and building an all aluminium folding stock. And then I'll probably sell the lot. I miss my cz