For a while now I have had a heavily modified S300 action that I picked up cheap from the estate of a deceased former club member.
It consisted of a very early first series S300 action that had been rebarreled with what I believe to be an Anschutz barrel, possibly originally from a Theoben Rapid 17, this has been finished off with an old silencer from a Daystate Huntsman.
Latterly I managed to acquire another S300 very cheaply that had been fitted with a Dave Welham regulator, so a little chopping and changing ensued with the reg ending up in this rifle and a non-regged S300 being sold on.
The regulator does not improve the accuracy of this rifle (which was already excellent), but does allow more shots per fill.
Last week a friend of mine started asking for a sporter stock to fit his modified S400 that he had been using for FT (he had just acquired a Pro-Target that has now become his main FT rifle), and start using the S400 for the Hunter class shoots.
As I had a spare walnut sporter stock in good condition, I managed to do a straight trade for the FT stock shown. I am not yet sure of who made this stock, but it wasn't made to fit the S300 action, looking at the inletting and depth to the trigger aperture I would say it may well have been for a Daystate.
In order for the AA action to fit the stock screw hole had been infilled with a wooden dowel and a new hole to correspond with the AA bolt hole has been drilled. With the action fitted into the stock the next problem became apparent, the tip of the trigger only just being visible at the upper point of the aperture and the trigger guard crossed the middle of the trigger aperture.
So it was modification time, first the lower part of the trigger guard was cut away as it was in the way and no longer required. Next I cut the trigger blade back to a point just above the aperture, I then drilled and tapped a hole in the blade and fitted a short length of 4mm bar to which I attached the trigger blade from a scrapped BSA Super10.
Finally I fitted an adjustable butt pad and bedded the action on a two part epoxy compund. I am quite looking forward to trying it out.
The scope is a Burris 8-32x44RA (rimfire & airgun), one of a limited run of 100 in the silver finish, mounts are BKL extended reach.
Detail view showing the BSA trigger blade, I might make a nice alloy trigger shoe to replace the black plastic item.