Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy springer pistol?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Where to buy springer pistol?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a good quality (not overpriced!) springer or pneumatic pistol in Cape Town, but not having much luck.

Anyone know what / where to buy?

Any help appreciated!

Anthony

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

HW40 pneumatic should be available from Rosenthals and VGK, also City Guns

Stay away from cheap springer pistols though

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Where are VGK?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Any other pistol recomendations, co2 or otherwise?

Regards

Anthony

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

not sure bout VGK...look in the phonebook

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i got both hw40 and crosman 1377c for sale.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

[link=deadlink/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?26736]Check here[/link] HW40 R1500

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Nevermind the HW40, Farmer, that there HW75 is mm-mm-mmmm... and at that price! Just wish I didn't have to spend all my money on xmas shopping for others instead of myself, hehehehe ;-)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum Antman, first of all, what exactly do you plan to use it for. I can tell you right now that if you dont want to spend a lot of money then a C02 air pistol is very unrewarding to shoot and not very accurate. I have shot with a number of C02 pistols ranging from R700 to R2900 and they all left me feeling that I was glad that somebody else had spent the money an gave me a go for free!
    I will say though that if you are hell bent on buying one then go for the HW40, it,s recoiless and although it,s a single shot it,s very accurate and well made. lastly, Guido,s right, cheap spring powered air pistols are like a lap dance from your mother in law, real bad!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

depend what ur tasks are... plink? hunting? target?

if u look closely.. there is not much power and accuracy difference between hw40 and hw75... both around 2.8fpe

for pistol hunting... i will take my crosman 2300t... well.. the 1377c is powerful too but can't fit a scope... which nowhere near the accuracy of a scoped 2300t, with more than 520fps(over 5fpe with standard setting)... that means a lot of red....

for target and plink... a hw40 will do very good... forget about the hw75...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1165991174=boondock]

for pistol hunting... i will take my crosman 2300t... well.. the 1377c is powerful too but can't fit a scope... which nowhere near the accuracy of a scoped 2300t, [/quote1165991174]

I disagree, The thing is capable of 6mm group at 20 meter with RWS Geco and JSB exact. Yes, the trigger is rotten (you need the replace the sear spring, a esay job by just removing one grip). As for scope, you can get crosman part# 459MT to cramp on the barrel for scope mounting and part# 1399 as an optional stock to turn it into a carbine.

Velocity wise, the box says 600ft/s but only some guns can reach that. On the other hand, the 1377 responds well to tuning. Yeah pumping ten times requires some effort and the foreend is too small (I put the foreend from a pumpmaster on)

I got my Crosman from bookdock last week as well, the price is good, better than most people quoted me, I don't know why he doesn't bring in the scope mounts and stocks, now I have to order from the US...... Honestly, I would rather buy from a dealer than to save a few buck ordering from the US as I have had bad luck with the ordering, stuff ended up in the home of the mail man i think.......

For pure plinking, the Gamo Pr-45 is way cool for anything under R1000, I have one, it is a one pump, much easier than the crosman and iwth much better sights and triggers but you can't hunt anything with it.......

Stay away from multi-shot cool looking co2 pistols, these are mean for fast action shooting, no where near the accuracy of a single shot.....

As for springer, extremely hard to shoot, you can have mine for R25 (that's the postage) and a beer.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm looking mainly at target/plinking, so will have a look at the HW40, although the HW75 is very tempting!
    Just bought a Gamo CFX Royal, seems great but will probably upgrade the trigger...want to get back into shooting again, then will look to upgrade to target grade pistol and rifle, so will be looking for advice again!

Many thanks

Anthony

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

2nd hand HW40 R990

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1166031556=Stopper]

I disagree, The thing is capable of 6mm group at 20 meter with RWS Geco and JSB exact. .....
    [/quote1166031556]

honestly, can u really get that kind of group with a open sight?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have been shooting open sighted rimfired and center fire way before shooting airguns. The common beileve about open sight being not accurate is not true. Only a few rules must be followed when shooting for group size.

1) DO focus on the front sight, not on the target.
    2) aim for the bottom of the bulls eye and NOT the center (I know it sounds strange but this way you get the least distrotion and much easier to find the bottom than the center anyway).

From a stable rest, you will be amazed how accurate your open sighted pistols can be....try it.

Did I mention I opened up the peep sights, big help.....