Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delegates meeting 26 January 2007

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Default Delegates meeting 26 January 2007

Hi All SAFTAA members, just a reminder that all clubs need to send two delegates to the delegates meeting. These members must be nominated before or on close of business 19 January 2007. I need to have the names, contact details of the delegates attending the delegates meeting on the Friday prior to the Kick-off shoot. These members that are attending the delegates meeting must be prepared with all issues/recommendations etc to put on the agenda before close of business on Monday 22 January 2007, that I can distribute the agenda that every person can be prepared for the meeting
    Your cooperation is appreciated.

Protea FT Team '15

User Info Menu

I am still waiting for people that are willing to serve on SAFTAA to assist us to grow the sport, but it seems like nobody is prepared to put there money where there mouth is?
    Time is running out and we need names before the 26 January 2007.

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

wyan, you said that only the club delegates get to do there thing.

i will put my time on the table.

"i would like to take the time and control of the scoreing for this seson 2007 starting from the wonderboom shoot"

if you would like me to attend the delegates meeting please let me know

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I also tried to attend a meeting once before but was turned down as I was told: "It was only by invatation" Well I was never invited. Does anybody want to take the chance and invite me this time?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

GerrieF, Not that I am picking on you.

I think there are a lot of people that think they can do a better job.I truth though they would not do the job themselfs .Trying to keep everyone happy is not easy.Then again you get people that are just plain unrealistic with their expectations.

I for 1 would like to see growth.I however cant make that happen.What I can do though is take pix and show the world what we get up to.If everyone tries to do their little part like that the sport will go forward at full speed.

Protea FT Team '15

User Info Menu

DOM, I got your name down as the only person willing to contribute to build SAFTAA/FT in SA. Remember you do not need to be invited. Any people willing to contribute anything are welcome and co-opted as a member of the management team for a given task or time.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So maybe the person that told me it is "on invatation only" just didn't want me there? I wonder why. I'm such a nice guy?
    I will attend the meeting then. Where would this be and what time?

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

Wyan you can put my name down too,i want this sport to go as fast as it can

Protea FT Team '15

User Info Menu

ONLY DELEGATES attend the meeting.
    Any person willing to contribute can be nominated by the delegates for a certain task/time to do there thing or co-opted as part of the management team. (This is why I request names from individuals who is prepared to assist and to indicate with what) Put your request to your club delegate he/she will communicate that during the delegates meeting to the forum. The delegate can then supply you with feedback in this regard. None can do his or her own thing it needs to happen in an orderly and structured way.
    If you are nominated by your club to attend, the delegates meeting you will not be allowed access at the meeting.

Protea FT Team '15

User Info Menu

ONLY DELEGATES attend the meeting.
    Any person willing to contribute can be nominated by the delegates for a certain task/time to do there thing or co-opted as part of the management team. (This is why I request names from individuals who is prepared to assist and to indicate with what) Put your request to your club delegate he/she will communicate that during the delegates meeting to the forum. The delegate can then supply you with feedback in this regard. None can do his or her own thing it needs to happen in an orderly and structured way.
    If you are not nominated by your club to attend, the delegates meeting you will not be allowed access at the meeting.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

Wyan / SAFTAA Committee Memebers

Please note that "AIRGUN FANATIX" will let you have our nominations by latest Friday 19/07/2007

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wyan,
    What happened to your reply where you stated that ANYBODY is welcome to attend the meeting, yesterday? It was just above my reply that I would also attend the meeting personally. Was it edited out?

If everybody is not welcome at your meeting you must not be unhappy or upset when members air their view on this open forum again, for the whole world to read.

For the love of me, I can't understand how you can expect only delegates to attend your meeting if and when there is a meeting. How many meetings did you have in 2006? Did anybody take minutes and what happened to it? What happened to idea of transparency?
    Each and every member of SAFTAA has to have a say and insight in the running of it and has the right to air his or her view PERSONALLY.
    How would I know that you or anybody from my, or any other club for that matter, would attend the meeting first of all and then put my point(s) forward, and or to my satisfaction, if at all?
    I have been around for a while and I have never come across a more tyrannical system than this.

We know from experience that management of SAFTAA complained that the delegates do not turn up for the meeting, if there ever was a meeting. We need a organisation that would look after ALL our problems, follow ALL the rules or see that it gets followed, ALWAYS, promote FT shooting and only FT shooting, to the benefit of ALL shots, not only the promotion of international shooting teams. FT is bigger than you and I, even bigger that SAFTAA.

Protea FT Team '15

User Info Menu

Gerrie if you want to open your views on an open forum, nobody can stop you, why do you not want to followed rules?

Secondly, the organisation is also bigger than you are. Nobody edit anything out on my previous post, you did not read it properly.

Gerrie apply logic if we have an open meeting with 150 people attending and everyone want a turn to raise there concern/views how long will the meeting run, two days or more. Again why donít you want to raise your complains/views via your delegate.

Example if you want to talk to Parliament, will he allow that?

Lastly, if you want to serve on SAFTAA what position do you want and why, it is now your change to open your view in public that everyone can understand.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Gerrief you can attend our meeting at the AARC...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wyan,
    I don't know if I am going blind or suffer from hallucinations but I have definitely read that you said anybody is welcome to attend the meeting, that is why I said I would like to come along personally. Be that as it may.
    I never said that I would like to serve on SAFTAA, I do not. I only said that I want to know, as a paid up member, that MY interests are looked after and that MY problems are heard. That is why I donít want to be represented by somebody else.As far as logic is concerned you will agree that 150 people would never turn up for a meeting, you canít even trust 6 or 8 to turn up.
    You will also note that I said FT is bigger than both of us AND SAFTAA, or am I hallucinating again? I have explained that I donít know IF the delegate WILL put MY case forward as I know I would. Will he seek the answer as vigorously as I personally would? Let us not talk about Parliament. We all know that in most cases all kinds of nice promises are made by a candidate and that is the last you see of him/her, from there then my urge to represent myself. I have always fought my own battles and always will. I hope everybody understand that I donít want any position on SATAA, heavens forbid.