Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms vs Walther? what about Weihrauch?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Air Arms vs Walther? what about Weihrauch?

I personally think Weihrauch is the right pick of the bunch, Good accuracy and at a fair price!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Good gun.Few of them around doing FT.Quite a bit more cash than a S400.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have owned a S400, own a NJR 100, Pro-Target MK3 and HW100T HP.
    Single shot better for FT, HW100 stock gives no advantage over a S400 stock.
    At the price S400 is a better bet because rest of the money can be spent on a FT stock.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

AA vs Walther, Both are good I guess butt are at oposite sides of the money spent. HW100 fits in between these brackets and for what you get it is Awsome!

Why do you think people don't opt for this in Ft ??

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

You were able to buy 2 S400's for the price of a HW100

In PTA there are HW100's in FT

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

I have both the HW100, and a Walther. My HW100 do not group well when tuned down, and with 8.44gr pellets, but is awesome with 10.5gr Crosman Premier's at 1010 ft/sec.

It certainly is a very nice rifle. Deon has made the National squad with his HW100 12 ft/lbs. They are extreamly accurate.

My Walther is a very different rifle to the Weihraugh, it is better suited for FT in my oppinion.

I love them both, but in different ways.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok, so why is it AA vs Walther and not against Weihrauch??

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

80% of the guys own a S400.

You get more than you pay for.Its simple and accurate.

Not a lot of blokes like the looks of the HW100

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok,
    But I think it is unfair putting a AA up against a Walther that costs 3 times as much

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

The AA is up to the challenge.The walther is more for looks and comfort.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

And the weihrauch is the ugly duckling in the story?
    I love the way it looks

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Werner, it is a long story. In short it is because a lot of the AA owners, especially S400 owners had a lot to say about some of us buying the 3 x more expensive Walthers at the time, and they reasoned that it do not out - shoot the S400, so why spend all that money?.

For me that had a S400, and now shoot with a Walther, the answer is plain and simple. I baught it because I liked it, and it is fully adjustable in all aspects, and in my oppinion, more accurate since we did the small mod to it.

Look at the results since we all had the mod done to our rifles. And that is against an overwhelming majority of S400 shots on the circuit.
    I think of of the 11 - 12 Walthers that shoots on a regular basis on the circuit, 7 / 10 sits in the top 10 - 11 positions.

By that I dont say that the S400 is not accurate, by all means. If the Walther is more accurate, it is only by a small margin, but for myself, I certainly think so.

I still say that the S400 is the best value for money PCP around, and certainly capable of competing with the best in the world, Jason has prooved that. Nowbody will make a mistake by buying one, and competing with it. It is very accurate, and a pleasure to shoot with.

It boils down to personal choice, and what you are prepared to spend on your sport, thats all. Most PCP's will perform well in the right hands.

Regarding my Weihrauch, I would not swop it for anything else when hunting, I love its very efective magazine system, and way of opperation. To me the only drawback, is the cylinder that has to be taken of everytime to be filled.
    Cylinders with filling valves on is available, so that could be rectified as well.

I shoot 3 x 14 shot magazines full with one fill, and that is at 1010 ft/sec with 10.5 gr pellets. For hunting, that more than adequit.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Lets be fair Piet. Most of the top shots in SA own a Walther and that is where the results come from.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Lets put it this way there were 2 Walthers in the SA team in Poland and 4 Air Arms guns.So I think that speaks for itself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ok, everybody loves blabbering about the AA and Dom. The point for this discussion was to hear the opinions out there about the HW100 in FT.

And if someone knows how to propperly adjust the power of a HP so it can enter into FT