Thread: semi-automatic airgun for home defence?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default semi-automatic airgun for home defence?

the truth is : to get a new firearm license or renew your current firearm license is almost impossible under new act. it's look like the government meant to take away our defence weapons eventually. what we gonna do about it if so? pack a screw driver under pillow?

just wondering if there is a pre-charged sami-automatic airgun(not Co2) capable with high powered and repeated shots which maybe can use for home defence to deal with bad guy in the house type of business?

HW100 is fine with 14 shot mag but following shots loading is stil too slow.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

maybe 4.5mm is bit small for home defence. but with right pellet and heavy fire power would fix this problem. besides, alot poeple still use 0.22 handgun at home and proved it's working.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've seen the Drozd (not 100% sure on the spelling of it)
    Think it can fire single / burst / and full auto. IIRC the UK version cannot fire full auto though. CO2 cartridge job.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The powers that be decided that when I traded in my old worn out ( + 15000 rounds ) Browning on a compact Glock 18 months ago , I dont actually need the new weapon ! Despite a lot of motivation explaining that my job takes me into black townships almost daily & I'm a reserve policeman , I dont " need " the gun . Here I sit with a very old Astra ,22 revolver as a personal defence weapon ? ? ? I have laid out R5000 on the glock & another R 2000 + on the appeal lawyer , & I'm informed by my legal council that the appeal may be held in 8 months time !
    I keep my revolver & my CP 99 handy . When we get nefarious gents walking the streets during the wee dark hours , the revolver is out of sight but I'm happy to rush them back to where ever with the CP .
    No powder residue , & just a good bang , to make them change their minds .
    Obviously if some one was determined to " see me right " both guns are just going to annoy him , but with luck 9 x ,22 in the face will help me .
    Couple of nights ago some dudes stopped outside , my dog went ballistic , a spot light on & 3 pellets from the CP , all I heard was wheels spinning away . Next day a couple of neighbours all complained about their lights on the gate posts being smashed . No doubt mine were about to go the same way !
    I'll bet the creeps are still talking about the guy that shot at them . Hopefully they think twice about my street again ? Bastards !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

well, the daystate mk3 is "semi-auto" ready.......all you need is design the loading system.

i've also thought about home defence............
    things like b/p revolver, compound bow came up.......
    but then i realized that.......all i need is to learn to set up traps/fight with a knife like the dude in "The Hunted".

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

it's getting scary now....time to emigrate to Switzerland...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

oi...whats' up here ???
    I have more posts than Urabus and only 5 stars??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

it's quality, not quantity.............

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avion
    I've seen the Drozd (not 100% sure on the spelling of it)
    Think it can fire single / burst / and full auto. IIRC the UK version cannot fire full auto though. CO2 cartridge job.

this Drozd BB Rifle by IZH-Baikal shoots 330ft/sec, if it's can offer 1000ft/sec. that will work for the propose.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    The powers that be decided that when I traded in my old worn out ( + 15000 rounds ) Browning on a compact Glock 18 months ago , I dont actually need the new weapon ! Despite a lot of motivation explaining that my job takes me into black townships almost daily & I'm a reserve policeman , I dont " need " the gun . Here I sit with a very old Astra ,22 revolver as a personal defence weapon ? ? ? I have laid out R5000 on the glock & another R 2000 + on the appeal lawyer , & I'm informed by my legal council that the appeal may be held in 8 months time !
    I keep my revolver & my CP 99 handy . When we get nefarious gents walking the streets during the wee dark hours , the revolver is out of sight but I'm happy to rush them back to where ever with the CP .
    No powder residue , & just a good bang , to make them change their minds .
    Obviously if some one was determined to " see me right " both guns are just going to annoy him , but with luck 9 x ,22 in the face will help me .
    Couple of nights ago some dudes stopped outside , my dog went ballistic , a spot light on & 3 pellets from the CP , all I heard was wheels spinning away . Next day a couple of neighbours all complained about their lights on the gate posts being smashed . No doubt mine were about to go the same way !
    I'll bet the creeps are still talking about the guy that shot at them . Hopefully they think twice about my street again ? Bastards !

I think u r getting a glock 19, coz glock 18 is select fire version (full auto/semi-auto] which not available for civilian market.

in fact, all glock are easy to convert to select fire mode anyway.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have tested the Drozd when they first arrived in S.A.
    All of the guns sold by one dealer had to be retuned to the
    wholesaler.
    Why? because they simply didn't work and ther are no plans
    to import any more, not by that dealer anyway.
    I would certainly use one for home defense i didn't have a
    BXP (9x19) 32+1 mag'

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have you taken a look at the Anics a-3000? 28 shot magazine can shoot all types of pellets and BB (metal or plastic) and would do 550fps depending on pellet selection. Maybe even load it promethius pellets to up the velocity. CO2 powered but would get 75 shots. :cowboy:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Its actually a Glock Model 26 , compact 9 x 19 , bought 18 months ago . Sorry about confusion , my mind runs fater than the 2 finger typing !