Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: big nikko scope

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default big nikko scope

hi all,

nikko/lynx 10-50 X 60 1/8" moa owners............
    pls tell me how many clicks per full revolution??? :?

thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't buy the 1/8 now, a 1/4 click version is coming out soon.
    Phone TS on 0118262191 for more info, I'm not sure exactly when it will be available, they'll have more info.

One more thing, rather buy Lynx, it's worth the few rands extra, and the hidden bonus is that it will be repaired/swopped locally ! As far as I know you have to wait with NS.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Feb 28 2005, 02:20PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

60 clicks per rotation. My N/S 10-50x60 is marked off in 7 sectors, 8 clicks per sector (1/8" per click) then 4 more clicks from 7 back to 0. i.e 7x8=56+4 =60. Same with 1/4" but only 4 clicks per sector. i.e 4x14=56+4=60.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

few more q's...........suppose i want to raise the POI by 1MOA, what's the diff. between the 1/4" and 1/8" versions of the same scope ie. the big nikko/lynx. is it correct saying that the amount of turning required (arc/distance...etc) is the same? just that with the 1/8" one would hear 2x no. of clicks.............assuming all else equal? are they equal?

the thing is n/s is supplied by AHS, and they are actually closer to me than the gunshop...............so some sort of local support is available. however, i'm looking for the "NATO" version.........but as luck would have it, they've only got the mildot ones............at the mo.

another thing........i was informed by lynx sep last year that they are bringing out a "new target scope" in nov. so far nothing.............i now assume it's the re-intro of the 10-50, i contacted them the monday after the DD shoot...........and so far nothing.........it's like the B2 30mm mount that i ordered in nov/dec..........still waiting. i don't know, maybe it's because i'm based in dbn????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, the guy that deals with Scopes at Lynx is a bit ....hmmm. They are round the corner from me so if you'd like me to make any enquiries I dont mind. I got my Condor from them.

1 Moa =4 clicks on 1/4" and 8 clicks on 1/8", dont forget that this only relates to one particular distance, an 1/8th at 10 mts is different from 25mts.
    I looked at the NATO, very nice but it didn't have any lines for windage if I remember right

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

shot brian for the info,

what i am really asking is that...............
    the big nikko vs lynx coming soon..............
    suppose i need to adjust 1/4 turn ie 15 clicks on the 1/8" nikko...........this means 7.5 (assume you can) clicks on the 1/4" lynx. but now does this equate to 1/4 or 1/8 turn of the turret????

anyone?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Each sector = 1inch i.e 4 clicks on a 1/4" or 8 clicks on an 1/8". Quarter turn on a 1/4" = 4 sectors near as dammit. Quarter turn on an 1/8"= 2 sectors.
    Dont assume that if you turn the turret a 1/4 you'll get the same results at different ranges. Check out the guys scopes and you'll see little bits of tape marking out the different ranges. My N/S goes from a Zero at 25mts, plus 6 clicks to 35mts but going down to 10mts is -26 clicks. I think the best way is to shoot bulls every 5 metres up and down from 25mts and see what happens, it follows a strange mathmatical curve which I cant remember the name of. Phew! Now I need a whisky.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oh I forgot! Scope height above barrel also makes a helluva difference I believe. When do you get 5 stars?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i'm new to this dial in stuff...........to keep it simple, i like to have the settings on the same revolution.

eg. my hawke sidewinder, it's 1/4" 30 clicks per revo. and within a whole turn of the turret, i've got my distance markers ranging from 8-50m.

so, with the big nikko...........1/8" 60 clicks per revo. all else equal, this should give me the same range as the hawke per revo?

now does it mean with the 1/4" version..........i will get the same range just from 1/2 turn of the turret? or otherwise?

sorry for repeated questions...........i'm not clued up on this stuff.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus, trying to follow this, as I'm new to dialing aswell.. Not sure that I'll got that route but trying to understand it nonetheless.

Your Hawke Sidewinder gives you 7.5" max per revolution @ 100 yards. (1/4" x 30)

and

The big Nikko will give you 7.5" max POI per revolution @ 100 yards. (1/8" x 60)

now does it mean with the 1/4" version..........i will get the same range just from 1/2 turn of the turret? or otherwise?
    Surely the important issue being the number of clicks per rev', not the increment thereof? I mean if you are going to mark it out instead of counting?

Like 1/4" MOA @ 60 clicks per rev' = 15.0" max POI.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Urabus you are absolutely right...
    A 1\4 MOA per click turret adjustment will get you there in half the revolution of the equivalent 1\8MOA scope

If you Hawke sidewinder only does 30 clicks per rev then the Nikko or most others will serve you a lot better. My old silo Tascos do 72 and my Tasco Custom does 60

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hey avion,

i'm trying to see if the 1/4" version will actually be better for me.............

as you said, i'm going to mark the various POI.........so if the 1/4" version is 30 clicks per rev. essentially to me it's the same as the 1/8" version........because i'm not counting clicks, and the amount of turning required is the same.

however, if it's also 60 clicks per rev, that means amount of turning required is halved. ie greater range per rev, but less space for my ugly-@$$ hand writing..........perhaps a custom turret is an option here????

i guess the question is whether the 1/4" version will have 30 or 60 clicks per rev'. i better e-mail lynx and ask for the full spec............

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

1\4MOA scope will always be better...it will have 6o clicks per rev without a doubt

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

there u go 6*...thanks guido

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

When you get this big scope you will see what it is to "range" a target. Fantastic. Mine is the Lynx with 1/8 clicks, got used to it quickly.