Thread: Airforce talon .20 air shotgun

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default AirForce talon .20 air shotgun

when the first time i use talon .20 as a air shotgun at 25yds target, i loaded 20 lead balls in 4.5mm with patchs... i didn't know where to aim thru zos. i had to use the same poi as the 13.7gr that i always use and aimed the center of the paper board...

after pulled the trigger, what i heard was the massive noise like a .40s&w round been fired plus eco which i never heard with this gun b4, the result is pretty cool for first shot at 25yds.

if i use smaller size lead balls and load 50 of them. that' will be much nicer cover area.

Deadlinks_imagefiles/shotgun.jpg[/img]

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

luckily you removed the silencer b4 shooting ...hehe

be careful Boondock...too much back pressure can cause the valve on the cylinder to remain open and turn the Talon into a rear firing rocket.

I have read about similar experiences in the USA. where the Talon shot backwards underneath the guys shoulder and flew 20m into his garage door dumpin a full 200 bar charge in one go....you have been warned...200 bar is LETHAL !!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thx...hehe.... i had that experience many time already...

when i was shoot .177 2 years ago, some pellets fall out and got cought between the valve and breech o-ring.. when i pulled the trigger the valve keeps open until all air escaped... it was scary but harmless to shooter and it wont fly backwards... maybe that guy was mess around with a high flew condor valve... but mine set to minimum valve opening. so it is very gentle... btw, talon is capable to send out a 450gr arrow with no problem...

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

LOL
    "high flew valve"

Very sharp !!!!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

anyways be careful....compressed air is scary..