Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

point taken...it does'nt exist

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

guido

Point taken....., be afraid..., be very afraid.....!!!!!
    The Russians have already done it, and here is proof......
    [br][img:width=728&height=358]../../Deadlinks/public/1169625514_360_FT28222_shot_strings_from_russia.gi f[/img]

The regulator is shown below.......
    [br][img:width=200&height=65]../../Deadlinks/public/1169627030_360_FT28222_361548_.jpg[/img][br]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

helps if you can get them......

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

Well, at least it proves it does exist......!!!!!

Malan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

HWere did you find the reg info? are they selling or do they a the scheme for it?

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

I will have a regulater for resale by April '07 without as much cyliner volume loss as the Russian smaple shows.

Malan, I hope the graph is in meters per second and not Fps! My BAM FT tuned rifle unregulated is giving me 70 shots from 790 to 805!

Does anyone speak Russian???

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

I do not know what you mean by scheme for it, all I could find out was that it has been in existence for at least a year and the regulator gets designed for the weight and diameter pellet you intend using it for on the BAM......
    It then becomes a retro-fit unit that sits on top of the port valve housing inside the reservoir....
    Warrick and company are also on the move to design something along the same lines.....
    I told you to watch this space on a previous PCP article, and here it is again......!!!!

Malan[br][img:width=200&height=104]../../Deadlinks/public/1169634377_360_FT28222_bam_b50_120bar_regulator_.j pg[/img][br]

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

Warrick
    Yes, definitely in meters per second, since they have metricated, not like some countries to the west of us......!!!
    And the article on top was a reply to Stopper's query, you just got your comments in before mine.....

Happy shooting

Malan

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

not sure about that flimsy unsupported barrel though...

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

Guido
    You are so right, again.....!!!
    That is why I wrote the article about the suspect 4mm alan screws along the same lines as your findings...... The barrel support needs to be looked at, especially the two side screws which tend to strip after some time.....
    The barrel and silencer is normally used to handle the rifle and this would put extra strain on the barrel band, causing the screws to strip eventually.... As a result the POI goes for a loop......!!!!
    Get it back on track by replacing said screws with 5mm size screws.....!!!!

Malan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1169642184=malan128]
    ....The barrel and silencer is normally used to handle the rifle and this would put extra strain on the barrel band, causing the screws to strip eventually....Malan
    [/quote1169642184]

And all those people out there using the scope as a carrying handle....... Please, get a sling......

As for free floating barrel, if the barrel/action interface is secure enough, I don't see why it should be a problem, afterall, all the centerfire target rifle barrels are floated. Yes the bam barrel is not a seucre as it should be but maybe the owner with the rifle did something about it.......

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

and centrefire barrels are about 3 times the thickness and are VERY securely mounted...

I also like free floated barrels more and have never been a fan of o-ring supporting front collars.

The Steyr system is very unique since the barrel is securely supported in a very rigid chassis and sits in an oval cutout up in front and rear thus alleviating any centering problems.
    The barrel can be removed and replaced easily and will always return to zero.
    Steyr is the easiest rifle to do a calibre change on...takes less than 1\2 hour of work using a barrel blank

HW100 barrel also free floated very successfully.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The guys that carry their rifles by the scope all shoot sturdy N/S scopes. They can take it!!!!