Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Pellets

What do you think of this pellet?
    [link=hyperlink url]http://www.predatorpellets.com/ [/link]
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've seen them before.But im not sure if they will be accurate or not?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Armour piercing???

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

no ways, will never work! if there is anyone out there that have shot a one whole grouping with those prometheus "hunting pellets" they either lying or flenching in the exact rite direction, these would probably be a lil more accurate but all in all a beauty as a sales gimick! these people are trying to throw all these fancy pellets at us for improved penetration! but in my opinion its the shot placin, whats those pellets gona help if u shoot ur quarry in the arse!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

they are made by JSB..at least the lead part is..then another manufacturer adds the tip...
    I would not waste my time with them....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I very much doubt that they will have any accuracy at all. Hi pychosven, just joined up today see you at guthries next week!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dont waste your money , I did , the pellet is for shotgunners , you'll get it some where down range , lucky if you get it in a 50mm circle at 25m . Rubbish , sales gimmick to catch out us gullible guys .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wow , got three little stars now ! ! Got many miles to go . . . .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have used similar pellets before and they are excellent.
    Excellent at missng the target B)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Probably made by nature conservationists , " bunny huggers " . You get to hit a few , but not decimate the population of vermin .

Keep the enemy happy , by sacrificing a few , but let the majority get away with a good scare !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

here is the result

more details:

http://www.talonownersgroup.com/modu...&p=11649#11649
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu Mar 10 2005, 12:21AM ]</span>

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Well done Boondock,

I tested these pellets for an importer on the 27th of Feb. They grouped reasonably well at 20meters (hunting accuracy), from 970fps to 1040fps, shot from a test gun that I can controll the velocities. What realy blew my socks of was when I opened yhe gun up and they flew out the barrel at 1100/ 1107 and punched the same hole at 20m!!!
    Please tell me how to upload pictures and I will post the target.
    The bootom loine is some guns like certain pellets while others do'nt, it dose not mean the pellet is bad. I had the same impression of the predator pellets as most of you untill I shot them. At 1100fps they expand to .22/ .25 cal on impact at 30m.
    I can't wait to wack some feral pigeons with them!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hehe, i didn't do the damage on the photo.

u can link a photo which from any website to here.

just simply copy the actue file path in between[IMG][/IMG]

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Cobus

I dont know why my last post on this topic did not show, but here is my two cents worth again.
    I have just tested a small sample for one of the inporters loking to land these pellets.
    OK so they were shor out of a "Chinese Special" very special actually, I can controll velocity and pressure to get a better feel for different pellets.
    General point if a pellet is visually well made and just because it dose not perform well in your rifles barrel of your buddy told you he gets a better group with his granddada 410 at 100 yards, the pellet may not be at fault.
    Each barrel is unique. The pellet you are refering to is the predator pellet. Driven at 970fps accuracy was minute of Myhna at best at 20m, at 1040fps it was about the same. The real shocker happened when I let them rip at 1100/1107 they shot a single ragged hole (yes Gerrief, not one hole) with three shots that messured 3.31mm CtoC @ 20meters. There penatration and expansion is incredable at this velocity, 5cm in to Plasticine and they expand to .25cal at 30 meters.
    Please would someone tell me how to upload photos and I will post the pics.
    Cheers