Thread: New PCP pistol from FXA Ranchero

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default New PCP pistol from FXA Ranchero

http://www.fxairguns.com/product.asp?id=ranchero

Very cool I want one, 790fps......

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Looks good, just wonder which car I will have to sell to afford one of these after the local agent has added all his "costs".

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i m not convinced to pay $950 for something like that... if the target does need more than 600fps to take out then i will surely use something more effective and accurate to take care of it... but for pistol fun... i can live with a $120 Crosman 2300T doing 540fps for 50shots...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think this is more a case of having something a little unusual. I recon itís pretty cool!

Boondock, Iíve read and seen some of the stuff youíve done to the crosman 1377. Iíve looked around for one over here in JHB but with no success. Do you or anyone else know where I can get hold of one? Iíve got some carbon-fibre and am looking for something to do with it. Figured this 1377 looks a little silly with that stock and it wont be too expensive if I make a hash of itÖ

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Boondock,
    How about converting it to .20, jack it op to 20Ft/lb and start shooting 100 groupings?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

paleraider... PM sent...

gerrief... AR6 can get that level.. but consistency is hell... it's not easy to shoot pistel accurately at longer range.. http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=961

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I may be wrong .I however believe that if you are going to buy a PCP pistol you might as well go all out with a FWB , Steyr , SAM or something in that class.I know that translates into a lot of money.Thats why I dont have 1 right now.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1173890614=boondock]
    paleraider... PM sent...

gerrief... AR6 can get that level.. but consistency is hell... it's not easy to shoot pistel accurately at longer range.. http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=961
    [/quote1173890614]

That is 1 hell of a bad power curve.I dont think it would prove usable.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sure... it has awful curve... meantime.. it gives the room for poeple to work on and improve... pretty much like BAM...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

my Steyr LP50 at 30m shoots groups that will put most rifles to shame...only pushing 550 fps though

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    Once again I'm baffled. Did we not have the high powered rifle discussion some time ago? How is it different from pistol shooting. I was pleading to keep power down and in the end almost had myself banned from this forum in the process. Now you say: "Keep the power down it is more accurate." Eeish!! I don't understand.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Gerrief you really are quite enigmatic..
    Where did u read that I suggest keeping the power down?

All I said was that my Steyr pistol pushes out just over 500fps...if I could I would turn up the power but on this particular Steyr it would require a longer barrel and a reg extension...800fps would be perfect.

Eagerly awaiting the AA\Falcon pistols...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    Oops!! I did it again. I forgot I'm not allowed to wind you guys up any longer.

I checked the word "enigmatic" and amongst its synonyms are some that sounds shockingly like a disease. I then checked the synonyms for all of them. Let me tell you if you wanted me to feel sick, you succeeded.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrief did you maybee type in the word enema when you did a search? My understanding of the word is - Mysterious

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

well said Lewis...besides being enigmatic I think Gerrief is also dyslexic and perhaps a little misanthropic?

Gerrief you can wind up all you want but do not misquote..