Hi everybody, new here.
Could you guys please point me in the right direction. I have just started looking around, and wow, have things changed since I shot my "windbuks" the last time.
I would be lying if I said that my motivation is anything else than to play around, but I need at least a bit of respectability in order to motivate the purchase. I am currently thinking along the lines of hunting rats (yes, we have quite a number of those on the smallholding), snakes (unfortunately we have those too), and maybe the odd Mynah.
So I guess the requirements would be as follows:
- Range 5-10m. I don't see myself hitting a matchbox at 100m.
- Ability to kill rats & snakes at that distance.
- Easy to handle & quick to aim. I am thinking at least laser or red dot.
- At night.
- By an average shot.
- Okay, maybe less than average shot. Let's say I'll need more than one shot. Breakneck springer won't do.
- For around R2000. Yes, there isn't a 0 missing. If it costs more i'd rather try my luck hitting the pests with a stick.
I do not see this growing into a major hobby. I have enough expensive hobbies as it is, so a beginners kit is fine.
My intial research tells me a CO2 pistol don't have enough power, CO2 rifle too expensive, PCP too expensive, springer too slow. Do you have any suggestions?