Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornet VS. AA S410

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Default Hornet VS. AA S410

Which do you think are the better two?
    hornet or Air arms s410?
    If someone has had both and experimented with both, please state which you think is better. If i had to choose id go with the hornet single shot. mine performed very very nicely. the best looking gun ive also seen. the only thing is the air arms are doing very well in the comps... but is that because there are more air arms out there then hornets? i like the weight of the hornet too...
    anyway moose, we well the s400 for R4700, s410 R5900, hornet was last priced at about R5000 i think...
    Anyway What do you think Moose should get guys??? (for FT/HFT) :cowboy:

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

S400

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

got some reasons for us?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Get the 400 instead of the 410. Use the extra cash for a better scope. The mag is just a hassle when shooting FT.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

The S400 is a better platform for FT and HFT.
    It lends itself more towards trigger mods, there is more info available from shooters that have modified them, the BSA Hornet loading mechanism is not great in my opinion...too complicated.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

KISS ....
    Personally I would take the s400 (not 410)
    I don't believe in any mags when shooting FT, it's another thing that can break, pushes the price up and can potentially damage your ammo.
    With FT go single shots !
    Like the Hornet stock more than the S400 stock.
    All that aside, I have to say that I'll take the S400.
    Like Guido stated, for one LOTS of info available on them when looking on the NET.
    Due to the fact that there's 3 models in the range they can be EASILY modified to give you more shots (like putting classic cylinder on carbine, or hp cylinder on classic).
    Triggers aren't a issue anymore, new S4x0s all have the 3 sear triggers.(old was good enough anyway)
    I personally prefer AA for more reasons, their offices are about 10km from my house, if I have questions they help me, because Mike has been involved in the shooting world for longer than I have been alive and therefore KNOWS what he's talking about (although we sometimes disagree a little).

Oh yes, he "brought" FT to SA ....

Who brings the Hornets in, can you phone them, explain your problem and then get advice on how to fix it ?
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 08 2005, 09:18AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i've got both hornet ss and s410k...........

i use the hornet for FT, reasons:

single shot
    regulated
    weight
    imho, better trigger, without the need for mods
    free floated barrel (no collar support issues)
    you can load and cock seperately

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Must add that I have never shot a hornet, but some of the points that Hardy listed are very valid !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Any chance you could try both of them out? I've heard people complaing about the short pull on the Hornet, then again the lack of weight of the S4X0's.

Perhaps you don't fancy either of them after a couple of pellets.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Hornet says urabus? you've had both so your word will mean a bit more... think you guys just like AA because you all have AA... the hornets trigger is the nicest ive felt, standard out the box. stock is nicer, accuracy im not sure, think they the same, the cocking system is very simple, weight is the bonus. A good point you lot make is the knowledge on the gun from the importers. i deal with them and they are'nt all that clued up on them... therefor i experimented myself and now know them backwards and dont need the dealers for help, just need to explain the probelm and what parts i would need. Anyhow they both make me drool so its all good....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

. I decided to get the s400 classic because i can only get a hornet in 8 weeks. probably get it next weekend. Thanks for the input!

ice's Avatar ice

How much for the s400?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

gee..........i got my hornet at a really good price then.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jason sells s400 for R4700 i think

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My personal preference is still the S400