Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Default EV2 thread..interesting reading

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=15

hold on to that Pro Target Neil...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well all I can say is my EV2 shoots very well, its me who doesnt shoot very well. Took it down to Durban Deep last week and shot a clean 5000 on a BRC25 at 25 mts. Shot the hell out of ciggy filters at 40mts and consistant hits at 50cents at 50 mts. (Didnt have a 20 cent piece) If it goes wrong, I'll get it fixed.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

When are the cosmetics arriving? Would like to see it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I will not easily sell my Pro-T, to be honest I'm very happy with it and it will take alot for me to let it go !

Looking at what they say on the forum, it's a difficult one. Like the one person said you will have a few that's very happy and a few that hate them with a passion, and you get that with every make of airgun !

Nobody really listed facts, and it was always that it happens to my friends EV2.
    Like Neil Mackinnon said, look at the history of some of the other FT guns, which includes the Steyr, Anschutz and also the Feinwerkbau, they have ALL had problems. Out the box both the Anschutz and Feinwerkbau have to be "tuned" before they really perform. Steyr ended up replacing the barrels due to accuracy problems ...
    I don't see anybody saying anything about that.

Personal opinion, the people that like AA EV2 will support it, those that don't won't ...

To be quite honest about all the FT guns, if I pay R 15000+ for a gun (any gun), it better damn well perform. Either that or they better make it perform ! If they can't .. I want either my money back, the unit replaced or I will do more damage to their name than they ever imagined.
    Look anything made in a production environment falls within set tolerences, no 2 are the same ! But if there is a genuine problem the factory must fix it ! And ofcourse there's always court ...

Looking at AA themselves, I personally now of a person (he e-mailed me) who bought a EV2 in Scotland, he wasn't happy with the gun. After he contacted AA he sent them the gun, they sorted his issues out and returned it to him, he's now a very happy EV2 owner.

Show me 1 car bought new without ANY problems and I'll show you a woman that doesn't complain ... :messed:
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 08 2005, 11:48AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The cosmetics are finished and on their way to our London office for carryout to Baghdad where I will sleep with them under my pillow.
    5" bead blasted aluminium range wheel and rear vented moderator.

Saved me a job there Nielg, I was going to ask the BBS if anyone was going to say "What the problems are"

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just testing something sorry
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 08 2005, 02:53PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is really cool!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

here's the reponse from AA..........
    [link=hyperlink url]http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60280&highlight=ev2
    [/link]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    since were on the subject of the EV2 and you always say that you hate that painted stock.
    New Steyr LG110 looks a tad "silver" and plastic doesn't it ...