Thread: Daystate Mk3

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Daystate Mk3

A warm hallo, from Mpumalabga.

I would like to know from all of you that have any experience or knowledge of the Daystate MK3ís.

There donít seem to be many in South Africa, and not much talk about them even on English webs.

If you have any experience of this Daystate or know of peoples experience, please let me know.

I want a computer rifle.

Beast Regards
    OOM swannie

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

buy a computer and a rifle...you will be better off...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

guido,
    At this point i have both, but not all in one.
    PO

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I am with guido on this 1.The MK3 is big in HFT(UK).

I have fired Paleriders MK3.Nice , just dont get the full race gun feeling from it.

In the UK you stand a good chanse to have your gun fixed.In Africa.Sorry you are buggered.

Daystate have pulled out of out country from what I have been told.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Swannie,

I had a Mk3 to test a couple of years back. It was a very pretty rifle, quiet, accurate. Lots of gizmo's if that sort of sh*t floats your boat.

However if being brutally honest it is no better than a good mechanical rifle. The trigger's on all the examples I have yet tried are not up to the standard of a purpose built match trigger, and not the equal of the majority of sporting triggers.

How these rifles will stand up in the long term is yet to be seen. I believe the battery pack has a finite life and will be fairly expensive to replace. For example my GC2's range between 20 years old for the Mk1 and the newest (stainless Mk3) is 15 years old and they still shoot as well as if not better than the Mk3, only needing the seals to be replaced periodically. It will be interesting to see if a Mk3 survives as well with the level of performance the GC2's are capable of.

The Mk3 works pretty well, but, when it goes wrong it isn't going to be user serviceable for the vast majority of people. In the UK this is less of a problem as Daystate is just a courier van trip away. In SA .......................

For what you will pay to get a Mk3, IMO, there are far better rifles available.