Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting CZ200

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default interesting CZ200

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

Price, availability, website and how long before I can have one........?????

Andrew, I think this is the one for you.....
    Please sell me your AA S400 once you have placed the order for the CZ......

Malan

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'13

User Info Menu

I like!!!! have you got more info on it Boondock?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lukas,
    Have a look at the photos on airarmsowners forum. You might even sell your Steyer for some of their S200s, never mind any others like some S400s. BEAUTIFULL bro, I kid you not.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

that barrel mounting arrangement looks really precarious....can see lots of POI shifting up and down...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Malan, That looks cool but all it really is is a standard CZ 200 T with a maximiser on the scope and some stuff I could bang up in my workshop. I dont want to downgrade from the S400 and for the time being I,m looking into an F.T. stock.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I wwas thinking in the same vain as Guido.

First off I dont like the looks of the gun.They have tried too hard to make it look tactical.The cylinder looks as though it is made of mild steel.(eina)

Muzzle break is a bit BMG.Could live with it though.

I think if you left this gun in the sun , you would have big POI changes.

To be honest I saw a S200 on BBS a while back with an extended tube in a Gimb stock now that was a good looking S200

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What is the exact difference between the Air Arms S200 and the CZ200. Does this mean that the russians are ripping off british design or is it the other way around!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The only thing I don't fancy about the rig is that irritating rubber eye thingy you squish your eye in every time you attempt to take aim, I hate it! Otherwize I want one too...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

S200 is made by CZ in Checkoslovakia see http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&id...=8&lang=en

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Andrew,
    The S200 is by no means a down grade from the S400. The stock was not meant for you and me. If you look at the little blighter carefully you will see a few things that is as good as or even better than the S400. Look at the trigger. Same as MPR. The barrel. Same as the EV. etc.
    If that action is put into a decent stock and the cheap plastic bolt handle is changed you have a feasible rifle to hunt and go quite a way in starting on the FT circuit.
    Remember that the CZ/200T was developed and built as a 10m "kick off rifle." The CZ/200S flayed off that and the tank became a fixture and unfortunately the adjustable stock was not retained on the FT version. It was meant as a cheap entry level rifle for youngsters and ladies at a very affordable price compared to the S400 or any race gun. Do yourself a favour and just read what the overseas guys think about this little rifle. If you like to play a bit it is a great project riffle. Only my 2c worth. I know not everybody will agree but so be it.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I disagree heartily....

The trigger is NOTHING like the MPRs

Stock is flimsy to say the least and the barrel mounting arrangement with the cylinder collar is compromised to say the least...

Great little rifle to play around with and to modify and add onto but I would always recommend the S400 for not too much extra cash...

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Andrew,

The 200 series rifles originally started life as a CO2 target rifle made by CZ, around 1999-2000 Air Arms and CZ collaborated on producing an uprated compressed air version.
    I was lucky enough to see the prototype S200 (and the TDR) when I visited the AA factory in October 2000 to collect a rifle I had agreed to purchase.

The S200 is the official AA variant and has I believe a very slightly different specification from the CZ200.

Guido - that barrel mounting does look flimsy but the guns don't seem to suffer from zero shift because of it, and they have been around long enough now for it to show up if it was going to be a problem. Not keen on the plastic collar fitted to the leading edge of the fore-end on the later variants.

The trigger is fairly good, I have always got best results with them by setting them as a single stage.

Allan, I agree that GINB stock is superb - for what he charges for them you will not find better (or at twice the price for one of the UK custom stock makers).

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    You and I have been around the block a few times before, about the S200. I suggested a new stock to start with. Get rid of any collars you don't like and float the barrel if you please. The trigger my friend, can be set so that most of us would not even know the difference between that and any other trigger on a rifle three times the price.
    I had my daughter's old S200 trigger set to break as clean as cutgrass and that is a fact. Would I ever lie to you? If one needed a better trigger, I don't know what or how it should be, so help me. It is like with wine. How many people really know what they taste and smell while trying to swirl the wine professionally when in a restaurant, impressing a chick? More often that not he lands up with half the glass on his shirt.You could flock him a bottle of the worst plonk and he licks his lips while rolling his eyes and looks to high heaven. I know; done it, have the T-shirt etc.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

my point being that if you are going to those lengths then just get the S400