Have max R1400-1600 to spend.

Thanks!!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

2nd hand Zos

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Or even a new one. Youre only R250 short and you,ll be glad you spent it!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

By the way, I see you,re looking for an F.T. scope but the subject of your post reads "scope for my springer".

What springer do you hope to use for F.T.?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

BSA Airsporter for now. It has a 4x20 at the moment and it's not cutting it. And needs to be reset after a couple of hundred shots. It was so bad this weekend - on 40m I only had to worry about elevation when I started to ending up way off to the left and below the target....

I saw on one of the sites that the ZOS is not recommended for a springer. Don't want to sit with the same problem as above or broken reticle. I did see the Nikko Stirling Airking is springrated. Anything else that's worth the money?

But you have a point for R250 more to get a new one. I've I have to I can push up to R2000 or more. Damn these rubber arms of mine....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dude, dont you mean H.F.T.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Eish, only noticed now....sorry, my bad. Guess I can't do more that two things at a time

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

On an Airsporter I would not go for the ZOS...or any other high magnification scope.

The Airsporter will cause significant scope creep and will probably kill most big scopes given time...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If H.F.T. is what you are into at the moment, the rules are designed to level the playing field. I will go as far as to say that the Zos is too powerful. In H.F.T., you may not adjust your scope for every shot, instead you have too zero your rifle at a distance that is shall we say " midrange" and then leave the scope completely untouched throuout the shoot.

The idea is to aim high for long shots and aim slightly low fo the closer ones and then this requires an intimate knowledge of how your rifle performs in different weather conditions and also with your choice of pellet.

The other thing is that your scope has to be limited to 12 power and in the process handycapping high power scopes. In laymans terms, this means that with a cheap low power scope, just about all the targets will be very clear albeit seemingly far away and with say the Zos, many of the targets will be a black blur with a bit of yellow in the middle and some will be in your face.

I also wouldn,t thump a perfectly good Zos to death on a springer which probably isn,t of the "low recoil" variety.

My advice is buy a scope which has a max power of 12 and is spring rated and save your bux untill you are sure you dig the sport. Once you decide that you want to continue, you would have learned a lot and tried many guns and then if you are like me, you,ll look back and think to yourself "what was I thinking".

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Andrew.
    So something like the Nikko Stirling Airking 4-12x42 is more than sufficient for now?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes indeed!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sweet thanks.
    Last question. Who/where is the best place to get the scope from?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well, I suggest phoning around but try Andre Visser 082 9303415 or Guns & Bows or City Guns or Rosenthal and lastly Suburban guns 021 797 8787. These okes are all in the book but start with Andre Visser and let him refer you if nessesary.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks again Andrew

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Always a pleasure!