Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evanix AR6 Air Rifle

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Evanix AR6 Air Rifle

Does anyone own one of these or has anyone actually tested one?

http://www.evanix.com/ehmar.htm (AR6 website & specs)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

AR6 only available in .22? AR5 is .20 i guess... also interested to know more about it... as well as shinsung career Mk3...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yeah I konw, their website indicates the AR4 as a .177 but folks who sell them like Pyramyd Air call them all AR6 in both .22 and .177. As do the local resellers "MECA" who sell them for R 7300

And, they don't make the .20 (AR5) anymore even although its still on their website. I emailed them.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I was offered the agency a while back but I declined...
    Apparently they are pretty dodgy with respect to quality and are pretty unrefined.
    Terrible triggers, bad power curves etc etc...at R7300 they must be on drugs

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thx Guido,

I have read some reviews and they all complain about the trigger as well. They say its too heavy in dbl action but fine in single action which is the high power mode. Maybe I'll check one out at MECA when I'm up in JHB again next month... The revolver action multi shot has intrigued me for some time now which is why I am interested.

FYI: Pyramyd Air in the US sells them for $599. Shipping and duties will set me back another $300 minimum. Thats $900 which is R6500 direct from the US. If you know of a way to get them for less, please do tell?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I would still not buy one...they have a TERRIBLE power curve making then unuseable at long range for anything more than 10 shots,...

Read the specs on the Evanix website.

Rather get an S400 or S410ERB

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

10 shots are fine for hunting. I have not yet come across any other air rifle at that power which will give you more then 10 or so and remain consistent. Nevertheless, I am keen to check one out.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It sounds like you,ve already made up your mind. Do yourself a favour before you end up with a lemon that wont sell and sleep on it. The other thing is the price, all that for 10 shots and a K@K trigger, trust me, you,ll kick yourself.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

No I haven't made up my mind... and I doubt whether I'll spend this kind of money on a rifle with this many probs. Thx for the feedback...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The stock looks nice though...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

well... i still like to try it... bam don't shoot good out of box too...but it can be improved...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The concept seems good...

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1177447668=boondock]
    well... i still like to try it... bam don't shoot good out of box too...but it can be improved...
    [/quote1177447668]

A bam at the selling price of an Evanix would not make antbody happy.I think if you are going to charge big bucks for a gun it should at least be money well spent.Not a home project.

Must say the woodwork does look nice .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hehe...i like it...

if it's avilable in .20.. i think i already bought it ... it's a good project to start with...

according to jim's review... http://www.americanairgunhunter.com/ar6.html
    the accuracy of 6 shots group @40yds is good enough for out of box...

although the power curve is bad... but i dont' think it's impossible to set it more useable...

some videos of AR5 in hunting :
    http://video.yahoo.com/video/group?gid=149244

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Only prob is that the AR5 is discontinued... This would make it even more expensive to convert to .20 with a new Barrel etc... I just like the revolving multishot action, I think its very unique. I will see if I can test one in JHB next month and let you all know. But I very much doubt that I'll pay R7300 for one!

I have read Bill Chapman's review before, thx Boondock. Thing is that his is the only positive review while most others are more negative. To confirm what what everyone has been saying, all the negative reviews mention the trigger and poor quality! Still it would have been nice to hear from someone local whos actually shot one.