Thread: Field Target goes to THABAZIMBI

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Default Field Target goes to THABAZIMBI

Deon hard at work showing the locals how to shoot FT

Deadlinks_imagefiles/deon_memory_thabazimbi.jpg[/img]

We (the FT clan) were going to post a pic of Deon training an 8 year old little girl but he would have nothing of it.Raising complaints that we would call him a cradle snatcher.Deon my friend you should know we would never do that :naughty

As a matter of fact I am told Sir Deon gave such a good lesson to the fore mentioned young lady that she shot a blistering 9/10.Far better than some of the "Manne"

Well done to all those involved .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lekker Deon! Ek dink almal kan by jou kom kers opsteek.

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

The little girl referred to by Allan equalled the top score for the weekend - 9 targets out of 10! Just goes to show that FT is a true equal opportunity sport for all.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You will also notice that woman on the whole will listen intently while you are showing them what to do and they will do it whereas a lot of blokes will just about ignore you and do their own thing as if they expect to have a built in shooting ability and then when they miss they blame everything in a ditch effort to save face. I,ve heard it all, "bloody wind" or "I cramped up" he he he!!!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1177855765=Andrew]
    "I cramped up" he he he!!!
    [/quote1177855765]
    Now , with a belly like mine that is a reality.Having shot only a few competitions way back i quickly realised that if there was someting to blame it was myself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Fair enough dude!

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

Thursday night at 23h40 we arrived at our hosts Gert and Rhoda Nel's farm Vlakplaats. We were met with smiles and loads of friendliness - even for that hour of the day. We were offered a drink and soon Gert and Rhoda viewed our rifles and to my total surprise Gert OFFERED ME A ROOIBOK AS THE MAIN PRIZE FOR THE WEEKEND'S BEST SHOT. I was totally overjoyed as we had very little to offer except of course the two beautiful trophies that was sponsored by Ziggie.

Finally we went to sleep, waking at 6h00 and ready by +/- 7h30. Hennie spend the previous evening with his family celebrating his birthday and could only join us on Friday morning. Once they arrived we headed for the expo grounds setting up our range and getting ready for what turned out to be a very busy and hectic weekend.

Johan and Mrs Jansen joined us a little later and even Lloyd popped in. The interest for our sport was totally overwelming, they kept us running till the sun chased us to pack up for our first day. Exhausted we headed for our chalets - almost to tired to braai something but we managed.

Saturday morning we got started and after a promise from Gert to pop in and see how we're doing we left. Almost as we arrived at the stand the people were already queuing hardly able to wait for us to get started. I will never forget this day as we've met such enthusiasm particularly from the children. Francois Joubert, and a friend also came and greeted at our stand - congratulations on your achievement Francois you deserved it. Later that morning we met the little girl Annette, that Allan was referring to. I was overjoyed with our achievement as this little girl has never touched any rifle before - and then scored 9/10 an achievement that was only possible by four boys aged between 10 and 16 for the entire weekend. Each and every person who joined our group should have won but as we all know, only 1 person can be the overall winner. The tension, tears and laughter that formed part of the shoot-out that followed as unbelievable. Strauss Kruger aged 10 was the overall victor for the weekend and won the sponsored rooibok.

I believe that we achieved a considerable amount of exposure to our sport, and will have a few more followers after this weekend.

I wish to thank :

Allan, Petro and Clifford Briggs
    Quinton Botha
    Hennie Breytenbach and Monique
    Johan & Mrs Jansen
    Ziggi & Elzaan Liebner
    Pieter vd Merwe
    Wyan Schoonwinkel

Thank you for all your hard work, dedication and special attention to help our sport grow - I appreciate it.

Attached you will find a few pictures - enjoy

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

Sorry no attachment - I will post them in the image agllery

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Mooi so Deon en jou span. Julle doen reuse werk vir ons sport.

Baie geluk Francois, ek hou van nie te sout biltong.
    Ek neem aan dit is die eerste sukses met die nuwe .303

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nee, dit was toe die dag vir die goue .243. Die .303 het laas week sy vuurdoop gehad met die BCB se jaarlikse skietdag. Ek het daar gewen met 84/90 die 2de plek was 74/90 en die 3de plek was 68/90. Ek moet s? dit is lekker om met 'n geweer te skiet wat kan. Dit gee 'n ou nogal heelwat meer selfvertroue. Ons kon ons prys kies en ek het weggestap met 'n 1.5l Isotherm flessie en 'n COB mini braai en toebehore.

Sorry Piet, hierdie een is potvleis. Volgende week gaan ek so 'n bietjie springbokke oes anderkant Griekwastad. Ek mag dalk so 2 of 3 insout vir biltong en as jy jouself mooi gedra sal ek 'n knertsie biltong aan jou afstaan.