Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feinwerkbau Model-65

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Feinwerkbau Model-65

I finally have the pistol in my possesion.

Pro's:
    1.) It's a Feinwerkbau
    2.) The gun is in original case, original targets incl and original pellets incl.
    3.) The gun is VERY accurate
    4.) Has the best trigger action that I have ever come accross with air pistols (trigger adjustable)
    5.) Side Lever cocking mechanism has proportional safety locking system (it locks at several stages on the way to being fully cocked ). Anti beartrap idea.
    6.) Has match grip - fits the hand like a glove
    7.) Very well balanced
    8.) Insensitive Adjustable rear sigts for precision sight in.
    9.) Comes in a stylish and robust pistol carry case.
    10.) One can't help but appreciate the quality and precision of genuine German engenering.

Cons:

1.). It has been lying in a garage for years where it has caught pistol cancer on the barrel. The rusting is not extensive and I have treated it with gun and antirust oil, but in my opinion to get it back to mint contdition you will have to have it blued.

2.) The pistol lacks power in my opinion. I have taken down a Paper Target at 10-15 meters with it but I think the pistol will come into it's own with a new spring.

I haven't decided on a price yet and you are welcome to e-mail / sms your offers to me.

Pictures of the pistol: http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...8/100_3582.JPG
    http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...7/100_3584.JPG
    http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...4/Image006.jpg

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

R500

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

with regards to the power they only do around 450 fps with wadcutters, slightly less with 8.4gr pellets...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How old is it?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

looks like late 80s

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Is this the pistol that reduces recoil by sliding back when fired

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

yip...I have the rifle version of it ..a mint FWB300S....one I will NEVER sell..[famous last words]

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

Louis (Importer) has most spares and has repaired/serviced many.Is also SA agent

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Vuilhond, what were you hoping to get for it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well I'm hoping to get more than R500 for it. I was assured by many a airgunner that it's value is a lot higher than that . When I told one person (who has been in this trade for many years now) about it, (whilst trying to find out what I could ask for it), he first compared it to a Rolls Royce and then laughed as he replied: " I'll take that gun - when you bring it in you can write the cheque! "

At present I'm still looking at ways to remove the bit of rust left on the side of the barrel. A good friend of mine is actually putting some work into it as we "speak "!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Vuilhond, it is unfortunately so that in SA a lot of people is just talk, when time comes to pay they just laugh it off. I also have a german made side lever recoilles super accurate spring gun that I wanted to sell but I got no response because pcp's are all the rage . It is also sad to note that people in SA will not buy a quality product unless a friend has the same thing or if that friend( usually "experienced") has not given the approval( inferiority complex). Maybe it i time we shoot this rat in the rat race.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

huh?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido eventhough the FWB 65 is a great gun,SA shooters will shun it because they dont know it. There is a lack of knowledge regarding other gun types besides PCP's. So whenever there is a gem for sale like this FWB 65 you will have difficulty to get is sold because it doent fit into the PCP majorities crowd sense of whats good so they shoot it down. When last did you hear a recommendation to buy ANYTHING else than a S400 and Air arms pellets. I know they are awesome and maybe the best kit for starting ft BUT there is more to airgunning than S400 (PCP'd) isnt there? If this FWB 65 was a gun that was used a lot by other shooters it would have sold long ago. I am very eager to get it since I know it is great.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

ah Ok now I understand what you mean...

I got junior Springbok colous in 81 with a borrowed FWB65 that I got to practice with the day before the Nationals...

I now have the rifle version of that pistol, a beautiful FWB 300S in absolutely mint condition.

A good FWB65 is worth around 1.5 - 2k , mint around 3k

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Airking, I have been asking questions about this pistol because I have seen one in action and I think they are very clever and I,m genuinely interested but I still dont know what the asking price is. My question was "how much were you hoping to get for it" and the response was more than R500 which still tells me nothing. How much more?

Vuilhond obviously has a figure in mind and until I know what it is how do I make a desision.

Whats worse, A whole bunch of guy,s are saying that its worth a lot more but nobody has snapped it up iether.

I have been asking constructive questions all along and Guido has been telling me more about the pistol than Vuilhond.

So for the last time, How much do you want for the pistol????