Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi Tools

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Default Multi Tools

hi Guys

what is the best multi tool to buy????

i have had a leatherman and the gerber before, both are good but what is the best??????

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Leatherman Charge Ti

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

LEATHERMAN

User Info Menu

ok now where to buy for a decent price

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

PHONE ME

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

and buy the xtra toolbits for it too

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just dont use the beltclip on the Charge Titanium, or you will soon be toolless like me!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerber. good for fishing opens with one hand or a flick, leaving your other hand free to "lip" the fish. Other than that leatherman

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Leatherman charge features one hand operation and it,s not the only one in the range. my Wave also has the little cutout on the back edge of the blade which allows you to hook your thumb in and open the standard and serated blades.

I have three of these exellent tools and when my blades got blunt on my wave, awesome tools replaced and sorted everything that was iether blunt or whatever and gave it back serviced and at no cost. I,m not sure if Gerber offers the same warranty but I,ve used leatherman tools for many years and I,m fiercely loyal given the exellent quality and backup.

You could say I,ve tested these tools to the max and they keep saving my bacon. I once sawed a door 100mm shorter with my leatherman much to the amazement of onlookers one late night on site.

If you own a leatherman then you get to be the hero when someones car breaks down or when nobody remembered the can opener or the bottle opener or when the braai grid breaks at the camp site and you are the main man with the pliers.

Have I made my point, BUY A LEATHERMAN!!!!!!!!!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Let me add to Andrews list .I with a Leatherman helped a Dommie owner fix his rifle sling moments before Nationals.We used a piece of wire to sew the sling back together .

All I will say about Leatherman is that they are not cheap !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan, thats true but you have to admit you sure get your moneys worth. I cannot afford a top of the range car but I can sure as hell afford a really cool multitool

User Info Menu

thanks guys i have had both the leatherman and the gerber both were very good but i lost them both before the blades went blunt, so when i get this one i hope theat i dont loose it.

i realised last week at the show that with my tool box stolen i was up the creek with out a screw driver. i carry a knife in my pocket but that does not help if you need a screw driver or pliers.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help on my sling Allan, you saved my day, Thats why weDommie owners allowed you to shoot a full score the other day. To show our humble appreciation.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have had both Gerber and leatherman very happy with both of them. Buck also makes a very nice high quality multi tool.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yup, I also looked at the Buck X-Tract on the www when it was launched and thought it would be a nice alternative to what everyone else has got.
    At $50 + postage from the official www.buckknives.com it could still work out less than some of the top-of-the-range Leathermans or Gerbers. Could probably source it for cheaper from somewhere else - donno if Buck's got local agents...
    Looks like this:
    [br][img:width=200&height=191]../../Deadlinks/public/1179851142_232_FT32908_med_med_730blx_.jpg[/img][br]