does this thing work?

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What calibre are these, .177?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

they look like the Pelletman offerings...they are Corbin swaged pellets and do not work well in most barrels.
    They need to be tailor made for each barrel by having the exact die made by Corbin,

I think you should order the Eun Jin Heavies from Mac1...they are 16 grain pellets and apparently work well in the Talon

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

My 410 performs well with H&N Barracudas. Do you think these heavys will also perform ok if I up the velocity?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I heard that Eun Jins may be a tight fit in Walther barrels [used in the S400] but they work well in Weihrauch barrels . We need someone to volunteer and try them.
    The heavy pellets as shown on the pic above apparently are very inaccurate

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lewis, what power level is your S410 doing, and how much can you increase it? Is it a Classic or Carbine?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It is a Classic. Have pushed it to 1030fps without replacing "the" spring. Just like heavy's and would like to give them a try.

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Lewis,
    If U have any of those available I would try them out in the bam and my other test rifle.
    If U like heavy pellets see if U can get your hands on some H&N Rabbit magnums (16.34gns), if U do let me know as well.

User Info Menu

P.S.
    Those pellets lock like the corbin swageged pellets but they are the single diameter pellets, the better ones are swageged as dual dia. and are bore riding, i.e. most of the pellet sits on the lands and only a small driving band/ gas seal engraves the rifling. The pellet U refer to is not very accrate in most guns because of distortion of the pellet as the hole shank is engraved, these pellets would shoot better through a micro-groved barrel with more lands and grooves than the normal 12 in most air rifles.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Busy talking to a friend whom is going to the UK soon. Will try and get a variety of heavy's.

User Info Menu

Hi Cobus,

Please let me know if you get any H&N rabit magnums, one of my "Chinese specials" is shooting the gamo TS10s at 1005fps and grouping 4.1mm C/C at 30m. I am dying to try somthing heavier in it!!
    Cheers