Thread: Know any reliable gunsmiths?

Anton's Avatar Anton

Default Know any reliable gunsmiths?

This weekend past I bought an old (ish) BSA Airsporter. More for sentimental reasons than anything else. Rust has chewed into the smooth surface over the years, and it?s probably shooting at about 400 fps. I need to have it re-blued, and get some of the internals replaced, however I?ve ended up in an a few heated arguments with a couple of gunsmiths in my life insofar as bad workmanship is concerned. Can anyone refer someone reputable on the South/East Rand?
    €€€

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Speak to Hennie at TS, I know that the guy they use seems to know what he's doing.. Worth a try
    €€€

Anton's Avatar Anton

Thanks R. A year or so ago I bought a Norica Quick from TS. With open sights this thing kept on shooting left no matter how much I tried adjusting it. Took it back to TS, who sent it to the gunsmith. Got it back with the front sight re-set to the one side. As it was sitting skew/tilted I got motion sickness every time I had to aim at something. I get nervous thinking about sending my BSA there...
    €€€

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

give jason a call he is very reliable! fixed problems with my guns very easily.(011) 8053633
    €€€

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Anton,

I can help you, what area R U in JHB, I am based on the west Rand. I can repare and reblue your rifle. I have Restored Falk80s back to almost new as well as having access to many older BSA spares. Drop me an email, my address is in my Members file.
    Cheers
    €€€

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

if you dont come right with Warrick, give me call, we often do these jobs since we are a gun shop/gunsmithing. we in midrand.
    €€€