Thread: RTFM QB B36-2

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default RTFM QB B36-2

HI All,
    I'm on a bit of a journey of chinese discovery.
    My QB started making a clack-clck-clack noise when cocking, which I took to be a broken spring. Three months later the replacement has arrived from Titan in the UK.
    On opening the gun it turns out that the plastic spring guide/end stop had broken (re-assuring to know that the only thing keeping the spring out of your eye socket is a lump of plastic and a pin 8-(
    New spring guide has been fabricated (thanks Casper) from Ali which should help greatly.
    So all excited to get ready for today's shoot I put the trigger back together as I remember it and...I CAN'T GET THE BLERRY SAFETY OFF!
    Can anyone scan the diagram that comes in the manual for me, I've lost mine...
    Thanks Guys

Nick

ps: Andrew if your still online, pity about the shoot, thanks for all the effort regardless. I look forward to the re-run.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cool bro, look forward to having you join us

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

Slug

Was that replacement from Titan in the UK a special order.....??????
    I bought my replacement spring locally for the QB, which was R 77.00 for the whole kit, including a cleaning kit, spare washers and gun oil.... Took me literally 7 minutes to disassemble the QB and replace the broken spring to be back in action......
    The spring guide, however is another story and I also plan to have mine re-done in brass or alum. in future.....
    Casper is a good source to have these parts made locally.....
    You can rely on pin 8 to keep the action from jumping out the back..... A lot has to go wrong before that gets displaced.....!!!!
    Call on me if you have difficulty re-assembling the safety, I might be able to help you.....

malan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nick, The Chinese are brighter than you think, they know whose rifles are to be cept on permanent safety.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Dude, next time you look for QB spares, give us a call, we have a lot of QB spares.
    That trigger assembly is a nightmare to work on.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Farmer,
    The Titan spring is rather different beast from the one that comes in the 'shooters choice' spares kit. Its a faor bit shorter about 30cm.
    The difference if you grab the chinese pring by the end and wave it about it bends a fair bit. The Titan is pretty much completely stiff. It apparently took a lot more compression to get it back in the gun as well.
    From the sound my pellet trap is making it definately has more oomph. I'll let you know what it does on the chrony when i get near one.

Finaly assembled he trigger, It's easy when you know how (knowing how took +- 4 hours)