Thread: Who's afraid of a bit of rain.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default Who's afraid of a bit of rain.

So Saturday morning I got up and it's raining.... perfect.
    I grabbed the phone and send out sms's to all the shooting buddies. Only one guy showed up!!! Apparantly the rest of them thought I was joking.

The camo poncho's work great. Sometimes you had to look real hard to see the other shooter. Getting close to the starlings was easier than usual. Managed to take out a few ( with springers) before they actually figured out that we were less than 20m away. In the process we dispatched of a few ferrals as well.

Next on the list... braai. It proved to be a bit tricky with everything being wet, but once we realized that the dryest wood is still in the trees, we soon had a nice fire going.

Was finished at about 14h00 and were back in time for a quick stop at the dop-shop before the rugby started.

[link=http://all-about-airguns.co.za/accessories.htm]Anyway have you guys checked out these hides? [/link]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hell man, the poor birds probably "skriked" themselves to death. Did you actually see entrance and exit wounds on them?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

you look like De Niro in the Deerhunter...

User Info Menu

LOL Gerrief, the only one that didn't have wounds was the one that I stalked and strangled.

Say what you want. I love my Saturday morning hunting expeditions, and it is even better when it rains... fewer bugs and stuff.

For the record, De Niro was wearing an bright orange hunting jacket in the movie.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

but he had the same maniacal stare...

User Info Menu

Dude, that is no joking matter. That stare drops a crow out of the air at 50m

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

That confirms my suspision, you Capetonians are bonkers.

Looks lekker, and you guys have good spirit down there. It must be all that good red wine.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

now u just need camo wrap da gun...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yeah, I loved the Deerhunter... Especially that one theme song of Dire Straits they used... Anybody know what the title of that song was? You know, the instrumental one?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Never a dull moment hey Farmer! that clobber looks hysterical. ( I mean that in a good way) Werent you concerned about getting your rifle wet, or am I the only guy who insists on putting my guns in my bakkie when the rain comes?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

errr Fucius...I think you have theme songs mixed up rather badly...theme song for Deer Hunter was Cavatina by John Williams

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Errr, ya, might have 'em confused, but then I don't mean the "main" theme song - somewhere in there they played a Dire Straits instrumental, I'm sure. Or am I? Can't always tell wether I'm coming or going, but one thing's for sure, Farmer and the boys don't have their priorities straight. They get up, go hunt, braai, buy dop, then get drunk 'n watch rugby...
    Tch-tch-tch, it should read: get up, buy dop, hunt, get drunk, braai 'n sober up somewhat, go watch rugby while gettin' drunk all over again...
    If you boys in the Kuilsriver area need a lesson in tradition you should swing 'round Despatch, ok?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Fucius, you meant to say De-huh-spatch! LOL

User Info Menu

Andrew, you can always dry the rifle afterwards.
    Boondock, the camo wrap will be done, maybe tonight.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ja, but remember to spray on some of that water repellant stuff on the camo wrap, ok? Don't want it to soak up the rain and turn the stock to pulp, nevermind waterlogged added weight, tch-tch-tch, then you'll get tired carrying the lot around and not enjoy the hunt at all! hahahahehehe-gnrf-ahgem, sorry...