Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese CO2 & PCP guns

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Default Chinese CO2 & PCP guns

Hey guys, most all of you like knocking chinese air guns.
    Now I am not talking sping guns hear, just co2 and PCP. Have any of you shot with them?? Are your comments based on personal tests or just the gerneral opinion of others re chinese guns?
    Post targets, or what ever in suport or you stance for/ against these guns, not general remarks. ?! ?! B)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Warrick, I recently purchased an Industry Brand co2 target Air Rifle. Model AR2078A, Stripped it completely before firing for the first time as it was not very clean. Have been very happy so far.

Accuracy is better than me and the price was affordable.

Once I progress, and hopefully get more accurate it might become necessary to purchase a better Air Rifle, but until then I think that I got a bargain.

Will probably look for a Chinese PCP as an upgrade, if they are available in SA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I know a guy that bought a cheap chinese gun for something like R800 it used a paintball cylinder he got a hell of a lot of shots. the accuracy was pretty good from what i could see, he shot a cigarette butt off of a stalk of grass at 40 yards! It was co2 and im not sure what modle it was thought!
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Mar 23 2005, 09:27AM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Warrick,

In respect of the Chinese airguns the low end models do take a bit of criticism and to be honest rightly so because they are not very nice.

However I have tested a couple of the later models where they are cloning other designs such as HW95, Crosman CO2 rifle copy (designated QB78) - lots of good things being said about this one particularly in the USA and the Daystate clone and to be honest you get a lot of gun for the money with pretty good accuracy and they benefit enormously from a little gentle fettling.

From a UK perspective it is very easy for UK airgun shooters to be snobbish aobut the Chinese products - BUT - we are somewhat spoilt for choice over here. However from the perspective in SA they offer an affordable entry level into the sport.

Dale

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Had the BAM 50 for a while...
    If you are prepared to work on it and manage to get a good one then you will be OK.
    Some out of the box are pretty rough unfortunately.
    For the price they are pretty awesome once sorted ...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I am thinking of getting a BAM 50 or 51
    How much do these sell for? What do I need to start using a PCP airgun and what are the costs involved? (excluding the gun)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Rather get an s200 or s400 i don't think that any of the bams are as nice as the s400 or s200. Im selling my s200 if you are interested for R3000 comes with gun silencer and sling would cost brand new R3200 for gun R195 for sling and R320 for silencer had it for about 2 months Give me a call if you are interested! 083 334 2996
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 29 2005, 08:39AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i would also like to get my hands on a bam.Would make a nice project gun.what do the bams go for.?

Len's Avatar Len

Moose

If you still have the s 200 and are still interested in selling it I am very interested in buying it from you

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just give me a call 083 334 2996 or (011) 702 1774
    Would like R3000 for it includes sling and silencer!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't really 'knock' chinese guns myself, I mean for what you pay for it's not a bad buy. Now I'm talking the real bottom of the budget bracket. I have no experience with the BAM's or other seemingly higher purchase priced rifles, but the R500.00 special I bought as a gift is still doing it's job ten tins of pellets down the line.

I think the 'knocking' comes in, in that people spend a couple of hundred bucks on a Chinese special. Discover afterwards that it's not capable of 1" groups at 50 meters, then spend a couple of thousand bucks on another rifle, then claim that the Chinese rifle was crap. Not mentioning that the newer brand of whatever they bought cost ten times as much.

Probably also find that the newer rifle is treated much better because it cost more aswell.

anyways, my 0.2c

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Well It seems that the majority of the informed replies bare out my thoughts. Those of you that have actually tried the variouse (PCP and Co2) rifles ,and have not just relied on hearsay and opinion, have found by and large they are good value for money and do not break the bank if you are inclined to tinker.
    Gary the Bams are +-R2800 for the standard stock and another R150 for the thumb hole stock.
    I have variose mod for them inculding power porting and a .20cal conversion barrel, giving you two guns in one.
    Chinese PCP's offer great entry level or better guns at an afordable price, "friday" guns do occurr and any reputable gun shop/ air arms supplier will exchane or repair any guns not fiddled into inoperability (would someone please put spell check on this site!!!!).
    As Gary pointed out they make grate bases for project guns!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Warrick / Avion,
    I have to agree with both of you.
    But at R2800 for the std stock I could buy a S200S or a CZ200S which is guarenteed to be of a good quality....
    The question is do you want to work on something to make it better, if yes then go for the Thumbhole ! @ R 150 more it's a hell of a bargain !!! (compared to STD BAM)
    Agreed, this is definately a project gun !
    Oh yes "fridays" happen with everything that's made by humans !

Oh yes, I've never shot one but took about 10 minutes to thorougly inspect one ... rough around the edges ... will need work

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 29 2005, 09:15PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

where can i get more info on the "various mods" for the bam? and prices/turn-around time....etc

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Found this on another forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/messa...eid=1111918936

Think the stock cost more than the gun.