Thread: SAFTAA Team training

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Default SAFTAA Team training

hi guys

the one perc that i have beening a SAFTAA comitee member is that i can train and shoot with the SA team.
    we had a 50m indoor training yesturday.

off the knee the guys were shooting sub 20mm 15-20 shot groups. off the bench Ziggy got the smallest group with 10 weighed pellets if +- 4.5mm C-C ALL AT 50M

i am sure that Allan will post some of the pics.

what an eye opener to shoot indoors with no wind.
    some ranged over 50m and some under 50 by as much as 4m?????? yes the lighting was not the best but we did have a light down at the target thanks to JohanJan.

first time i have seen a .20 @ 900+ fps in action. it took a 20mm wood plank out at 50m then almost pierced right a steel box with sponge at 50M eish what a rifle now i can see why you guys in the cape like the high power stuff.

i am still waiting for your emailed postes on your groupings.???????????????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My High power grouping = 15 shots - 26mm (not c2c) at 50meters. Will post pic later.

User Info Menu

yes i remember that grouping it was also done in the prone postion with a rest.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Hello Guys

As you will see the pix are up.
    Deadlinksview=album&albumId=38[/url]

I would like to say the following

You will see my grouping was terrible with the Air Arms Fields.I then cleaned my barrel.Sorry I dont have a pic of the improvement it made.You will also see the Accupels and JSB's grouped well in the EV.Funny that the Accupels are 7.9 and Jsb's 8.4 and there is no change in poi.

We were all shocked to see what a massive improvement sorted pellets makes.I think Z is searching for a scale to buy as we speak.

I would like to say well done to Z he had a better of the knee grouping than off the bench with his Walther.

The Golden Gat , well lets just say in the right hands A Walther owner and a EV owner better watch out.For the age of the weapon it shoots better than most would think.NB with 4.51 pellets.

thanks to all those that were ther.

I would have liked to have Sniper and Skiet Piet there as well as i am shure they could have shown us a trick or 2.

Piet Skit, the humidity was 70% and it was 18 Deg celcius.I only once thought that the pellets were falling too far.the rest of the time I was on the mark.

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

As Allan said, in the right hands my Pro-Target can be pretty lethal. I added a photo of the grouping that Ziggy shot at 50m off his knee to my gallery. He first shot the 3 leaf clover, then adjusted the hamster, and put them in the middle. Excluding the one bad shot (even Ziggi gets one) the group measures 12mm. All these shots are well inside the 40mm group, which leaves only the wind!

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

ALLAN i told you to to get FX or JSB but no what do i no and thanx for telling me about the shoot on and practice on SUNDAY

User Info Menu

Sorry Sir Deon as it stated it was a training day for the SA guys, as it was we only had enough tables for 2 guys to shoot at once.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thats very good shooting kneeling, must say that you do have to be lucky, a brilliant marksman or both though as its hard to get that with a pcp nevermind a recoiling rifle. Although some like dale and a few farmers i know are just as good sitting as they are standing when shooting close range.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1186601425=Sir Deon]
    ALLAN i told you to to get FX or JSB but no what do i no and thanx for telling me about the shoot on and practice on SUNDAY
    [/quote1186601425]
    Sir Deon

After cleaning my barrel the Air Arms Fielsa were just fine Thanx.

How can I contact you when you have fallen off the face of the earth ?

User Info Menu

Default Go

Errol, if this was an "OFFICIAL" training session for the team, how did you and Cobus manage to be present - just asking.

Allan my telephone no haven't changed (only my old phone discovered it was not brandy and coke proof) but I have another phone which I know is not "waterproof"

User Info Menu

that is why i said that it is one of the percs of being a saftaa comitee member.
    dont stress we did miss you there though

User Info Menu

Default Go

Luv you 2