Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms UK - Service

REP: Air Rifle Pros

User Info Menu

Default Air Arms UK - Service

SANSSU sent a Schools team to compete in the British Junior International competition at Bisley in the UK. They left for Britain on Saturday 04/08/2007. On arriving in Britain it was discovered that two rifles and assorted shooting kit had been stolen. Air Arms Uk was notified by Mike Potgieter on 06/08/2007 and two new replacement rifles were delivered by 07/08/2007 to the two shottists.

This is once again an example of Air Arms' commitment to the shooting fraternity.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

"This is once again an example of Air Arms' commitment to the shooting fraternity."
    What more is there to say but: WELL DONE Air Arms!!?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

That is great to hear.

I think i would be so upset if my EV got stolen that it would put me right out of the competition.

The fact that Air Arms did that will ensure a few loyal customers I am sure.

Warms the heart to think there are people that dont look at just the bottom line.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It is for this reason that I have owned two of their rifles and will be buying more in the future. The quality is up there with the service and backup and frankly they deserve support.

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08

User Info Menu

Default Go

A A STAY TOPro-Sport

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Air rifles should be checked baggage ... that's what worries me ... so will a .243 rifle also be "stolen" like that ?
    For now they can shoot yes, but not with their OWN guns.
    Checked baggage shouldn't go missing !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes and we shouldn't be driving faster than 120Km/hour and not look around at sexy girls etc. etc.but we all do!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Driving fast and sexy girls have nothing to do with CHECKED baggage going missing - especially "firearms". That's like money going missing out of your bank account.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Neilg,
    Oh I know! You said:... it "shouldn't" go missing..... I agree! Fact. It does go missing. Even money disappears from your account. It happened to me, although it shouldn’t have. The point here is that AA supplied free of charge and at record time, new riffles and the kids could shoot.
    The next thing. Why do you think I fetched my rifle in the UK. personally? To make the handling as little as possible and to minimise the delay from arrival of aircraft and me knowing if it is gone or not. Lots of rifles go missing from ORTIA these days.I know, I work there.

REP: Air Rifle Pros

User Info Menu

The kids flew out with British Airways. I believe that the number 152 is a magic number for British Airways. Apparently they lose on average 152 items of checked baggage, across the World, everyday. In total there were 2 rifles "lost" as well as I'm told another 5 bags containing shooting kit.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ja, and when I "lose" my cool I get labelled as an apartheid-era dinosaur (at my age?) with no respect for democracy or fellow human beings' rights.
    I read sh!t like this day in & day out and I donno, I jus' feel like MOERING somebody...
    Hands up, who feels like just moering someone right now?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guns, Weapons, Air Rifles whatever you want to call them, are secure baggage and are supposed to be checked in with the Pilot in a secure hold. He is supposed to sign it on to his manifest and a copy of your check-in paperwork which accompanies the item on arrival. Sue the Bar stewards....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

They call it "lost baggage" I call it "stolen baggage". Another problem that is universal in all types of "security" is that the people who are entrusted with the safe keeping of our worldly possesions and indeed our personal safety are almost always payed the worst salaries in existence.

I mean, by virtue of the fact that these poor people go home to a plate of samp and beans every night is no incentive to excel in their given occupation.

Airlines are seldom short on funds and since this theft problem is getting worse, why dont these financial giants pump some cash into their security infrastructure, and I dont mean that stupid cling wrap for your bag. A friend of mine decided that she would be security concious and have her bag " wrapped " and needless to say, it was opened none the less and some of her stuff "got lost.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good for any manufacturer to supply new guns to replace stolen ones so that shooters can compete in a competition ... I'm sure it won't be for free, someone will have to pay in the end.
    Airlines love to blame everyone for everything !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That is really good to hear about the great sevice from AA. I have a suggestion. I think it would be really great if a few of us sent a thank you email to AA from the "shooters" in SA.