Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAFTAA colours

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Default SAFTAA colours

hi All

attached is the proposed criteria.
    please give your feedback.

[br][file=../../Deadlinks/public/1187598289_217_FT0_proposed_criteria_for_the_award ing_of_saftaa_colours_200807.pdf]1187598289_217_FT0_proposed_criteria_for_the_award ing_of_saftaa_colours_200807.pdf[/file]

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

What about a Camera class aslo getting colour ? Oops , did I type that out .

No looks good to me.I truely hope we get some interest from the guys in the Cape as far as Springer class goes.

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

Sounds good, how will we down here compete in nationals?

How many springer guys do you have up there?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Falco this is the problem we have to work at.Being so far apart does have its problems.

We have 2 Springer shooters at this time.Yoy could say capetown now has 1 of our better springer shooters .Ariking

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Capetown sure is big on springers, perfect for HFT. I guess this is why HFT is so popular in the Cape and having said that, if Joburg only has two springer shooters it's no wonder you boys are FT verskrik impgrin

User Info Menu

Andrew. there is always the possibility to have the Cape as the HFT side to SAFTAA and have the HFT Nationals held down there as this is were the majority of the shooters are. please note that there is a springer class at the FT world champs so you guys could also shoot at the same world champs with your springers.

what is the chance of you guys running with the springer side of SAFTAA down there????????????????????

as long as there are 2 clubs involved at a shoot it would count as provincial or league shoots and your scores would be placed in the ranking and compared to the guys up here. maybe this could be a topic of discusion for when we come down there to shoot FT.!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Total DOM,
    It is only in SA that somebody can take a lizard and beat it until it admits to being a crocodile

User Info Menu

if you dont help the lizard grow it will never be a crocodile it will always be a lizard

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Total DOM,
    ...but it WILL always be a lizard, never a crockodile.
    Please explain to me how two clubs neighbouring each other in trhe same Province can be classed as a "Provincial" or "National." In Gauteng all competitions consist of 99% AGF shooters and the rest (3 or 4) are from Wonderboom; if we are really lucky we might have three people from Sasolburg (Wolwehoek), but we call it "National." Come on now guys!!

User Info Menu

ok so with your phillosophy any world champs is not a world champs unless every country in the world takes part!

it is called that because the majority or the countries that compete are at the event. and like wise it is a provincial or national league beacuse the majority or the participants are there.

once our numbers grow to the 500 + then i would agree with you that it would have to be split into sections and only the top get to shoot at a selected provincial or national match but in the mean time this is the best that can be done,

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

TD does this mean i can compete in an HFT national when you get everything going?

User Info Menu

yes when things get going, you can compete in FT now if you like.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

TD, springers are great fun and will always have a following in Capetown, we have chaps spending pcp money on springers and doing well and spending very little and doing well.

I think the guys with less disposable income and the youngsters who dont have a choice tend to get to know their guns intimately instead of thinking about their next upgrade and in the process end up shooting very well indeed.

Falco, bought a pcp and because he had practiced so much with his CFX he ended up selling the PCP because he shot so much better with it. Falco shoots well with his springer and oddly enough he couldn,t match his scores with the pcp, it just goes to show!

Protea FT Team '16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15

User Info Menu

Thanks TD, will stick to HFT for now, trying to go to FT now will be pushing the envelope a bit to much!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So now I should sell the S400 and get a TX200HC? That should be fun.