Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evanix

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Evanix

Looking around on the web i found EVANIX RIFLES. From the reviews it sounds not too bad. How does it compare to the Bam and Logun??????[br][img:width=200&height=45]../../Deadlinks/public/1188061965_632_FT0_ar6-huntingmaster-1_.jpg[/img][br]

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

stay away from them, especially at the ridiculous prices that Nicholas Yale was charging for them...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Logun's and FX's are top rifles. Air Airms fights to hold their ground on effiency. But when u run into ur 1st hickup...who do u luv?...AA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

if i can recall correctly the EVANIX was selling at R7200, if u import from USA directly will be $599 + 10% + 14% + airmail postage = R6400... but u hav to deal with bank charges and risk of delivery damage or claim. so u r not really saving much. so the local price is very reasonable.

it's not FT friendly gun but truely FAC for hunting.. i believe if it's .20 version of AR5 then it's great deal after all... it has multi-shot and built-in pressure gauage... stock for both left and right hands...

i m satisfied with what i got now... otherwise i would get hold of 1 long ago...

the overall and potential should be better than bam... but never underestimate a modified bam .20... it can blow u away...

only shoot with logun axsor once... not impressed at all... also handled with a logun s-16s... feel like a dumbbell... the moment i saw the mag... it was like the writing on it with big bold words"WILL GO WRONG"...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Boondock I was offered those Evanix directly from the suppliers once...the price was around $350...which says a lot about what you are getting when you spend R7500
    The power curvo on those rifles is pretty bad too so you could only really use it for a few shots before refilling.
    From what I have read about them they have numerous other shortcomings.

I am surprised you are not impressed by the Logun Axors...they are so much superior to the BAMS there is really no comparison.

The S16 is built like a tank, not to everyone's taste but the magazine on mine works faultlessly and I cannot see what can possibly go wrong with it....it's pretty bulletproof!
    Early S16s had problems but the latest S16Xs FAC is pretty awesome in my books....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

there is no comparison between retail price and export price... the retail for bam is $370 but export price only $140... the problem is when u need export price... normally u hav to buy in bulk quantity... so that couldn't apply to average customers...

i m sure evanix is far from perfection... but from the hunting videos i saw... it's definately served for the purpose... which r hard hitting and good accuracy at long range...

well... the axsor i tried was giving problems with mag... and has a unpleasant trigger out of box... accuracy wasn't that good at 50m either... talon weighted 2.45kg.. the s16s has a shorter barrel and less power but weighted 3.85kg without scope is obviously too heavy... s16s is solid built with stainless steel for sure... but more like a overkill...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Talking about heavy, with a small scope on my HW100 weighs in at 4.6kg

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Let me start by saying that there are HP air rifles and then there are small game hunting air rifles. Unless you have a rifle with a large capacity air cylinder like the Talon or Logun s16 you should not expect to get more then 10 full power shots at an extreme hunting power level (E.G. That of the Evanix advertised power level or more). Be sure that you know exactly what you want before you buy. I have not had any experience with an Evanix and to my knowledge, the AR5 .20 is no longer available since the Evanix brand was taken over by USA based Pyramyd Air. I personally would not buy a locally unknown air rifle for R7000+ unless I could test it first and was assured of local backup and support. Evanix, Career and Sumatra air rifles all originate from one factory in china "Shinsung Industries". Career and Sumatra generally have had more and better reviews then the Evanix.

Guido, have you personally tested the Evanix. If not, why don't one of you in JHB ask Nicholas if you can test one and post the results on this forum. I'm sure he will oblige as I don't believe he has sold a single one yet! His number is 011 339-6556.

Vergund, I posted a thread on the Evanix quite a few months back where there were some interesting discussions and links to reviews etc. Just do a search.

My 2c worth...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I would love to test one but I am in Cape Town.

I am basing my opinions on extensive reading done on the internet and having dealt with Evanix as well.
    They sent me detailed info on the rifles and they are not my cup of tea...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

OK Cool... Come on "Josie Folks", surely one of you want to give Nicholas a call and try to get one tested.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I spoke to Nicholas Yale about them, they tested it themselves and were happy with the results ....
    more than that I can't tell you

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guys I might be wrong but you are talking about power and accuracy and long range shooting. I don't know much but I know this I have a Air Arms Extra FAC .177 cal and I have seen it's power and accuracy and I have done a lot of long range shooting.

I and one of my friends do a lot of dove hunting in the sunflower fields for many farmers and I have taken shots from 50m - 150m and I can safely say that the Air Arms Extra FAC is a champ.

I and my one friend went to our family game farm over the long weekend and I really saw the power of the Air Arms S400 Extra FAC. My friend shot a "tarentaal" from about 50m the pellet hit with such a force the the bird was throughn backwards and landed on its back. The pellet entered at the front of the birds body penetrated the full lenght of the bird and exited to the lelf of the tail. It killed the game bird with one shot.

We have shot Rock Pigeons at 100m - 120m and the pellets penetrated through the length of the bird.

I shot a Impala's head from the side at about 35m and the pellet penetrated and exited on the other side of the head.

Now combine all this with a great looks that the rifle has, 30 - 35 good shots per fill. Extremely friendly Air Airms dealers like Louis and Mike, always there to help with any problem(not that I had any but it's good to know that if you might have the smallest little thing they will help you) and the legendary Air Airms support and you won't need to even look at any other rifle.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I fully agree...and with the right pellet there is no need to convert it to .20cal

And the new S410ERB is now even better with the side lever action and improved shrouded barrel, a sure winner....for not much more money than an Evanix

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

.177cal is unbeatable... until .20cal shows up...

we did all sort of test wth .177 up to 28fpe... which is hotter than s400 extra fac... result is they not in the same of league of .20... not even come close.... that's y i don't keep any .177 no more...

the serious hunter's choice will be .20... if that is not what u after... .177 will do fine...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Errrm, yes, Enzace forgot to add that he shot a DEAD impala's head at 35m purely to see effect. It was not a live animal.
    We on this forum are all aware that the hunting of live antelope with air rifles is illegal.