Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silencer Review - Logun QGS vs others

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Silencer Review - Logun QGS vs others

I have just received my new Logun QGS (Quantum Gravity Sound Reduction System) silencer. I can tell you with confidence that it in my opinion it is better quality and substantially quieter then the HW. I will try to make a video this weekend to show the difference between the following silencers so you can judge for yourselves.

Parker hale, HW and Logun QGS[br][img:width=200&height=93]../../Deadlinks/public/1188308349_454_FT0_parkerhale_.jpg[/img][br][br][img:width=200&height=55]../../Deadlinks/public/1188308349_454_FT0_hw_.jpg[/img][br][br][img:width=200&height=201]../../Deadlinks/public/1188308349_454_FT0_qgs_.jpg[/img][br]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What is the weight of the Logun?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

This I got from the BBS. Somebody weighed both

HW = 107grams
    QGS = 144grams

Portland Jon's Avatar Portland Jon

Any chance of some internal pics?

Jon

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

"Quantum Gravity Sound Reduction System" - hehe, only silences when you shoot downward, hehehe.
    Just kidding, but what an irrelevant name...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

the other tests that I read on various forums all indicated that true decibel readings were about the same for both the Logun and the HW silencer.

They do have a different sound however.\

sometimes from the shooters perspective one silencer may sound louder, or different, but the true test is using a soundmeter to measuredecibels.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I Agree, I doubt whether there would be any significant difference on an FT air rifle however, it is definitely quieter on my BAM .20. There is a noticable difference. Will try to get the video done ASAP so you can hear for yourselves. The internals of the Logun QGS are solid and the quality is very good "no hair curlers here! will post some pics soon. The HW is good but I think the Logun QGS is in a league of its own - for now...! I concur with the weights Arnold posted. On my "kitchen" scale I get 110g for the HW and 140g for the Logun. Unfortunately my digital scale only measures up to 100g.

Whatsmore, the Logun QGS is Guaranteed regardless of the power level you're shooting at in any calibre up to .22 as long as its an air rifle. It is rated suitable for a rimfire but not guaranteed.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i don't think ur bam.20 is loud with hw at all... but better will be better... wait and see the vids...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

how much are these Logun silencers?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

43 (approx R820 incl shipping and duties) from BAR in UK. The HW is 35 - (R700)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Boondock, the HW is fine but its popped twice. Luckily I have been able to fix it seeing that the internals are simple to replace.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have tried opening the Logun and its very very tight (even in my bench vice). I don't think that Logun intended for anyone to open it and I also don't want to damage it. I know that most silencers should be opened and cleanded every so often but maybe this one is different. Here is a description of the internals:
    "Internal damping system is a combination of precision engineered aluminium wave suppression frames and refractive baffles encased in carbon impregnated acoustic matting...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

...."Quantum Gravity Sound Reduction System" ...

..."Internal damping system is a combination of precision engineered aluminium wave suppression frames and refractive baffles encased in carbon impregnated acoustic matting...

yikes... must be designed by either Einstein or rocket scientists...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just waiting for alu pipe, will make 2 of 3 different designs and test them.
    I have looked at quite a few different designs with different internals, I will play around till I'm happy, when I'm happy I will send 1 to Guido to test with the CT guys, I know the CT guys are full of sh!t so I should get a HONEST reply from that side of the mountain.
    And they will DEFINATELY not cost nearly as much as the ones mentioned here.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

We have a guy here who builds custom silencers (tested up to 80ft/lbs). Will see If I can get prices from him.